Chapter 5

I stirred at the sound of rushed voices. I regained my consciousness but was straining to lift my eyelids which seemed to weigh a ton. It was hard to open them.

When I finally fully opened my eyes, I had to blink a few times to get used to the light.

"Madam! Madam!"

I wondered whose voice broke into worried shouts. When I turned to look up, it was Oliviel. She was calling for me with an urgent look on her face.

"It's okay, Oliviel. I'm fine now."

Relying on Oliviel's for support, I staggered to my feet as I stood. Seeing that I'm still in the spot from where I collapsed earlier, it seems that it wasn't long after I fainted.

For a short while, I leaned my body against Oliviel's and waited for strength to return to my body.

I know it's been like this since it happened to me a few times before. If I take a break for a few minutes, I'll be able to recover quickly.

It was only after several deep breaths that my legs began to regain their full strength.

"Are you sure you're all right?"

Oliviel's face expressed deep concern. I nodded with a smile.

"I'm fine. Look."

Oliviel didn't seem to believe me even after I showed her that I was able to stand on both legs quite fine.

It was expected. Less than a month after I came here, she had seen me fainted with blood on my mouth.

"Diana."

I heard someone calling from behind. Needless to say, it was Richard.

I slowly turned to look at him. His stunned face came into view.

"Just now......."

I felt sorry to see him open-mouthed in shock, and at a loss for words. I wanted to put off telling him of my illness, but I had a long way to figure out how to conceal it.

"This is nothing."

It's no big deal. I passed out and recovered again. But if this is nothing, then what is?

Richard looked like he had a lot to say. But he didn't seem to have any intention of asking me more out here.

I just looked at him who's seemed rather lost before I turned to walk away, leaving him behind.

Oliviel quickly supported me so I can walk comfortably.

"......Madam, why don't you cancel today's meeting with Viscountess Lumie and see a physician?"

Considering my health, Oliviel was right. But I couldn't help but meet with Viscountess Lumie today.

The reason at least since I'm going to the imperial ball, I have to get a new dress.

However, I couldn't be troubling Viscountess Lumie since she's a famous designer known in the capital and I haven't even made a reservation in advance yet I asked her to come today.

"What time will the Viscountess be visiting?"

"I'm supposed she'll arrive before dinner."

"Then I'll see the physician before that."

"......Yes." Oliviel replied reluctantly.

Oliviel seemed to emphasize more on my rest after being examined by a doctor rather than fitting on a dress.

Hastily, Oliviel ordered the maid to bring in the physician.

I lay in my bed and waited for the doctor to come. While waiting, I could hear the shouts of the Knights from a far distance.