Chapter 8

A woman who is more beautiful than anyone else in the world, and also the kindest person. She was a perfect protagonist, with a description that everyone, regardless of gender, was friendly towards her.

Eileen's pink hair that was as soft as silk gently bounced every time she came down the stairs.

Big eyes, a tall nose, bright red small lips.

Despite being the same blue color, unlike Richard's cold blue eyes, her eyes were warm like the sky on a clear day. And the blue dress she wore matched the color of her eyes and made her stand out even more.

Eileen stood out more than anyone else in this ball, although everyone donned in their fancy dresses and elaborated ornaments.

Is that why? Everyone at this ball gazed at Eileen and so did I.

Just briefly, we met each other's eyes and I was frozen in place. She was so beautiful that at a glance, it was hard to not believe she was the heroine.

In particular, her pink hair was making her look more lovely.

So beautiful that Crown Prince Cesar Crichton and Richard fell in love with her. Of course, Eileen's true value wasn't just because of her looks, but anyway, that's how I felt when I first saw her.

While everyone was mesmerized seeing Eileen entered the hall, I turned my head and looked at Richard.

Richard, like everyone else, was looking at Eileen. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. That's how it was supposed to be.

For some reason, I feel kind of empty.

It was because I felt a huge contrast between Eileen, the main character of this world, and me who was about to die.

As Eileen completely stepped into the banquet hall, a large crowd gathered around her.

Some of the people around Richard were also moving towards her. Unfortunately, her innocent appearance, which I had never come across anything like before, fascinated people.

Maybe Eileen gets involved with the villain who wants her because of her innocence. A persistent, virulent villain is willing to kidnap and imprison her just to have her.

And that villain was my husband, Richard Theodore.

Richard was still fixating his gaze on Eileen.

Even though it will be two years later before their fates intertwined like the original story, he must have been instantly drawn by her impressive bright spirit.

I pulled my hand that was nestled on Richard's forearm.

Only then did Richard turn his gaze away from Eileen and look at me.

"What's wrong?"

Richard asked in wonder as if nothing had happened.

I stared into Richard's eyes and tried to see through him. But he had an expression of obliviousness like he didn't know what he did for me to act like that.

"Diana?"

After receiving my penetrating stare, Richard eventually frowned. I thought at this point I'm capable of reading him.

I should better get to the point.

I looked back and forth between Eileen and Richard and said, "I'm fine, so why don't you go see her?"

It wasn't me who's oblivious and didn't know his eyes were hot on Eileen. In addition, Eileen and Richard will be having an extremely close relationship in the future.