Chapter 7

"Wow, Madam, you're so beautiful!"

"How beautiful you are!"

The maids, including Oliviel, were showering me with praises while admiring me in my dress.

"Thank you."

Even though I knew they're obligated to give compliments to their master, I couldn't help but broke into smiles because it felt good to be praised.

"As expected of Lumie. Famous designers certainly are different. I never imagined it would be this pretty."

As I turned my body slightly to the right, the hem of my pink dress gently fluttered like petals swaying in the wind.

The design was beautiful, but above all, I liked something else.

The dress was so light that I couldn't believe it was in layers.

Usually, layered dresses like this make you feel heavy given the weight of the fabric, but this was different. They might say that I'm lying if I told them that the dress was so light as if I'm not wearing anything. Still, I could move comfortably with this dress and it wouldn't be too much to run wearing this.

I heard a small knock when I was admiring my look in the mirror.

Jesse, the maid, automatically approached the door. Soon, she came up to me after having a conversation with the servant behind the door.

"Madam, the Master is waiting for you."

"Really?"

I wanted to enjoy it a little more since I haven't wore such a pretty dress in my life. But I needed to go because Richard was already waiting outside.

"Well then. Let's go."

"Yes, Madam."

I sighed as I took one more look at myself, regretting that I couldn't admire it more a little bit, before coming out of the wardrobe room.

However, there was no one outside. It was said that Richard was waiting, it seems not in front of the room, though.

What a relief.

It was true that I was under a lot of pressure to meet Richard because I was avoiding him on account of what happened last night during dinner.

It somehow bothers me if we happened to run into each other, but it's better to prepare myself and meet up with him.

"Madam?"

Oliviel called for me seeing I only stood while looking around in the hallway.

I smiled at her, shaking my head.

"It's nothing."

"Okay."

I started to leave the manor. As I left the front door and passed through the garden, I saw a large carriage not far away and a tall man standing beside it was Richard, glancing down on his pocket watch.

"Did you wait?"

When I asked Richard first, he looked up as he clamped his pocket watch shut.

"No, I just came out."

"Me, too. I came out as soon as I was done."

The conversation between Richard and I was awkward as if he was an unfriendly acquaintance that I hadn't met in a long time.

It seems he's also aware of it since he turned his eyes away.

Just in time, a servant opened the door of the carriage and lowered the scaffold below it.