7. I'll Drop You Home

It was mid September and the weather was acting very weird. I would wake up to a beautiful sunrise one day and to gloomy showers the next day.

I made a cup of coffee for myself and sat by the window. It was pleasing to see the raindrops hitting on the glass pane and occasionally, on my face.

My phone buzzed and a notification flashed on the screen. It was a text from school.

______________________________________ Blueville High School, Virginia

Important!!!!

There will be a career counselling session in the school today from 9:30am to 12:30pm. Kindly be on time.
Attendance is compulsory as this will be very beneficial for the process of choosing college majors.
______________________________________

"Darn it! I need to hurry up," I said as I finished my coffee. I rushed to my closet and wore the first pair of jeans in my sight and a rose gold hoodie.

Liv and Caroline were waiting for me at the bus stop.

"Where's the car Caroline? You know you could've saved us from a messy bus ride today right?" I asked as I approached them.

"It broke down yesterday. Its at the service now," Caroline said with a frown.

We boarded the bus and took our seats.

"Have you guys decided your college majors?" Olivia asked.

"Drama for me, probably in a school in LA," Caroline replied enthusiastically, "What about you Riles?"

"I don't know to be honest. Mom told me to consider going to med school but I have my mind wrapped around business schools. There are so many good ones in New York," I said.

"Well then do that. Even I've found an excellent art school in New York. We could rent an apartment together," Liv said.

"Sounds like a plan," I laughed.

We reached school and went to the designated sections. I chose to go to the 'Business Schools' section.

I saw a few familiar faces including Aiden Brooks'. I sat down near Kelsie when the counsellor entered the class. She was tall and wore a formal suit and thin rimmed glasses.

"Good morning Students. I am Jessica Kenneth, the counsellor for business section. I'm also the C.E.O of Inez Industries and I've been in this field for more than 20 years now," she said, "alright, why don't you all introduce yourselves to me now? Also tell me why do you think business school is the right place for you. Let's start with you," she said pointing towards Aiden.

"Hi, I'm Aiden Brooks. I recently moved here from Los Angeles. My father is the owner of Pinnacle Industries, so we move around a lot."

The whole class gasped. Pinnacle Industries was ranked the best business association of all time by various magazines. It was also one of the best establishments in the world.

"Everything about business catches my attention instantly and I'm intrigued to know more about it, and that's why I think that business school is the right place for me," he concluded.

A few other students introduced themselves and it was finally my turn.

"Hi, I'm Riley Mikaelson. I'm greatly inspired by all the business icons and I clearly see a lot of job opportunities in this field and would like to explore this field more. So I think that business school is the right place for me," I said.