Chapter 1

Tinashe POV

Beep beep beep!! I wake up to this stupid loud alarm as usual, "ughh another day of foolishness", I say out loud. Dragging myself out of the bed I go use the bathroom and start my morning hygiene routine. After my shower I lotion my whole body, put on some black guess skinny jeans, a plain purple fitted shirt, slip on my purple classic vans and spray my body down with my Mariah Carey perfume. I put my hair in a messy bun, grabbed my bag and was ready to go. Heading to the kitchen to grab a pop tart to munch on I notice my mother passed out on the couch...again, she's always hella drunk so that's her usual spot if she's not next door at Ms. Chopin house gettin tore down, I swear those two smh... Anyway on my way out the door she wakes up, " where the hell you going, " I stop and look at her "umm to school, it's Thursday ma, not the weekend...but how would u know that" I say the last part under my breath. She keeps on talkin but I ignore her and leave the house I have enough on my plate I don't feel like dealin with her drunk rants today. When I step outside I see my boyfriend Lamont waiting for me in his white on white BMW 3 series car. I take a deep breath before getting in hoping today is a good day....wishful thinkin on my part though. "What the fuck took you so damn long, what I tell yo ass about makin me wait" Lamont says as he turns the music down staring at me intensely. Very quietly I say, " Lamont baby this is the usual time that I come out the house, u must have come a little early today", why the hell did I say that, soon as I got the last word out Lamont grabs my jaw, squeezing really hard and says, "oh so it's my fault is what u saying" I tried to shake my head no but he was holding me too tight. After staring at me for what seemed like forever, he laughs, and mushes my face making me hit my head on the window, " you lucky I'm in a good mood and we got that party to go to tonight and I need yo sexy ass on my arm cause u kno how I get down" I didn't respond just rubbed my jaw while he talked. "So what u say bitch?" I was a little confused as to what he was asking but managed to stammer out a thank you. "Thank you what?" he asked, "Thank you my infinite love", "that's better" he smirked as he turned the music back up and began to drive us to school.
Since Lamont brought it up, let me describe myself. I'm 5'6, brown curly hair that stops in the middle of my back and no I'm not mixed with nothing but niggas lol. I'm what some would call thick in all the right places, probably because of these wide hips I'm rockin with hazel eyes and don't forget my dimples. Anyway, once we got to school I tried to hurry off to my class and get away from Lamont, no such luck though, "why u walking so fast, u got some nigga u tryna catch up with?". I tried my best not to screw my face up before I spoke, I don't want another episode of him showin his ass again, " of course not baby I just have to get some things out of my locker before class that's all", he looked like he didn't believe me but before he could comment, " heyyyyyy bestie!!!", my best friend Camille screamed while walking towards us. "Hey Camy" I said. As we exchanged hugs she looked at Lamont and rolled her eyes, she can't stand him even though she doesn't know the full extent of our issues but she knows something's not right about him which causes her to always have something smart to say to him and I pay for it later. "Let's go we have some things to discuss that can't wait", Camille says while pulling me away "aye!!" Lamont called out earning him a hard glare from Camille. See Camille has some pull around these parts being that her father and brother have the drug game on lock and are feared by all here in southwest Houston. "Camilleee...." I started before she cut me off, " uh uh I don't want to hear it nash I keep tellin u to leave that fuckin fool alone anyway, especialllyyyyy since my fine ass cousin just moved here and will be attending our school, u need to get wit a real nigga and drop his ass" she said laughing.
Why am I still with Lamont even though he doesn't really treat me right?? Honestly it's a combination of love and fear. When we first got together he was nothing like that, he was very charming and even defended my honor on one occasion. Now, he's usually the one that causes me pain, ever since he made varsity team football he's been feelin himself and I'm sure the almighty thot Isis has played a big part in that as much as she stay on his dick...literally. It started with him using his words clownin me out in front of his teammates tryna make it seem like he was "dat nigga", then he graduated to pushing me, slapping me, and eventually punching me but only in places that I could easily cover up, never in my face. I do still love him but again I fear him as well, he once told me that he would kill me if I left him and I kinda believe he would make good on that threat plus, Lamont seems to be as good as it will get for me, he's fine as hell standing at 6'1, mixed breed, sexy body, and a heart melting smile. He drives a nice car and has money even though I couldn't care less about that stuff cause I have my own but he wants something for himself and I admire that.
School went be pretty quickly today with Camille in one ear tryna get me to talk to her cousin when he gets here and Lamont in the other bitchin and threatening me as usual. I'm just ready to go home and lay in my bed and listen to my lyric love trey songz cause I kno my mom won't be there. Try for a better day tomorrow I guess....

Tinashe in the MM

Sorry it was so short, this is my first time writing so i would love everyone's honest opinion so make sure u comment and vote!!!