Prologue P4: Behind the scenes

Orla had spent at least a month on Lothal. She did everything Rex recommended that was left on a note on her ship: scramble the ship's signature, removed the tracker,, and maybe give it a paint job. Her ship was now less recognizable as a Republic ship by replacing the painted red coat with a dark grey color. She also changed her appearance a small amount by cutting her hair, mainly because long hair annoyed her. Now it was a curly dark shade of brown that sat just above the tips of her shoulders. It was a relief to finally take the pressure off her and fight without worrying about the weight of her hair.

However, she was all alone on Lothal. The barn her parents used to possess was abandoned but still useable. All the tools were still where her dad left them. She took her mother's old clothes from the closet so she could dress more like a local than a Jedi. She still kept her old Jedi robes and they hung at the back of her ship in a compartment including her mask. Her lightsaber stayed with her but she made many adjustments to it. With the help of the information on her Holocron, she was able to find a way to shape the blade of her lightsaber to make it look like a knife by changing the hilt and the crystal to an exact angle. This way she would still get the full advantage of a lightsaber without her having to risk people knowing what it really was. She took the memory crystal of the Holocron and turned it into a necklace, that way it would always be near. Lastly, she took her father's old blaster from his room and set off for her journey.

After Lothal, she spent the rest of the year traveling from planet to planet as much as possible. She noted down and observed each planet from its species and language to its nature and history. Every little piece of information was recorded in her sketchbook. A few weeks before the end of the Clone Wars she had come into contact with Saw Gerrera on his planet Onderon. Saw knew she was a Jedi, it's why he trusted her. She never planned on telling him but in his words "I just knew." That trust was returned when Orla found out he was trained by Jedi to protect his planet, bonus poins for not telling anyone she's a Jedi. She trusted him with the information about why she left the Jedi and how she disappeared and he trusted her about what happened to his sister. They became good friends very quickly even with their very different strategies of battle. Saw was more likely to charge into his threat head-on in the most brutal and quickest way while Orla planned with strategy. Orla wholeheartedly believed that Saw would have died if she had not stopped him, with force, from running straight into a fight without thinking. The schedule of battles could vary with the Separatists, sometimes there wouldn't be a single droid for weeks, and and sometimes Saw would be fighting for 4 days straight. Orla enjoyed what she was doing, until she go an unexpeced message

☆☆☆

It was late in the night on Onderon and most of the camp was asleep while Orla and Saw were together in her ship. She was fixing up inside, under the control panel as the steering had become unstable and she needed it fixed quickly in case she were to leave soon. Saw stood behind and watched, ready with her tools.

"Have you given a name for it yet?" He asked, twirling a screwdriver in his hands.

"It?" She responded

"Yeah, you know your ship."

"I don't know, I don't really have time to think about stuff like that."

"Sure you do. You're a Jedi, why not just call it "Jedi"?

She looked up too fast from under the controls and banged her hard against the panel. It made a loud clatter and screws fell from the top.

"Ow," she groaned, "yeah that would really help my cover."

Orla stood up fully, her 6-foot body was only an inch smaller than Saw's's except when she wore her combat boots that had suction cups sewed underneath for when she worked on ceilings. Then, along with her strong posture from being a guard for many years, she just met his height.

She looked up at her ship, While her back was turned, Saw could see the white outline of jaig eyes on the hood of her cloak. So whenever she put her hood over her face, the jaig eyes were placed where her eyes would be. She was awarded the symbol of honor when she worked with a group of Mandalorians during their civil war. She showed great bravery and courage by setting aside her differences with their kind and helping one of the clans escape from a building that held a bomb inside. He had been looking at it for so long he realised that she hadn't moved.

"You ok?" Saw asked.

"No, something feels wrong," Orla's face seemed in shock. Saw has never seen her so distressed. Suddenly the outsides of her door started glowing blue, it was the door to her quarters where her Jedi Holocron was. It had never turned on on its own. Saw followed her in where she took the crystal from her necklace and placed it in the middle of the cube. She used the force to open the Holocron by having it levitate and remove its four corners to become a hexagon shape. Then, a hologram of the Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi appeared and immediately starts speaking. Once the master breathed his first word, Orla knew what was wrong.

"This is Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, I regret to report that both our Jedi Order and Republic have fallen. With dark shadows of the Empire rising to take their place, this message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Jedi. Trust in the force. Do not return to the temple, that time has passed and our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged, our trust, our faith, our friendship, but we must persevere and in time a new hope will emerge. May the force be with you, always."

After the message finished and the Holocron closed she felt a cold chill down her spine, a dark chill.

"I don't understand?" Saw questioned.

"The Jedi are gone. The Republic, it's all gone."