Chapter 23: Awakening

They all knew that had to be fast, Orla had told them they would be able to identify any entry they made so they should be expecting company no matter if the plan went well or bad. Alarms roared as they raced against the rain, getting closer to Hunter with each passing moment. Their runs turned to tiptoes once they made it inside platform 5. They hid from passing troopers who pushed cargo back out to the bridge.

"Those are the TK troopers we saw on Daro." Orla recognized, sensing their differences.

"How do you know," Echo asked.

"Echo you should know better," she tried to make light of the situation which managed a small laugh out of him. They continued to the next corridor until Tech stopped to direct them, Hunter was on the move.

"They're leading us somewhere?" Orla could see right through the Empire's plan.

"We'll just have to be ready for them," Tech didn't want logic, he just wanted to fight whatever was coming at him even if that was Crosshair to get to Hunter. They kept running until they reached the hall below the training group.

"Well at least we didn't directly run into them," Orla said positively, no one was even being sent after them. They wanted to be lured in either by Crosshair, or someone else.

"The training room's open ground, if Crosshair's waiting he'll pick us off," Echo feared.

"That's why we will not be going through the main entrance, we'll enter through the lift."

"I don't know Tech, Crosshair knows you well. I think he'll be expecting for you to pull something like this off," Orla suspected.

"Well either way we'll have to face him, hopefully, this way we'll have the element of surprise."

You better hope so

"Omega you wait here it's too dangerous if you're captured," Orla instructed as they all hopped on the lift that would take them up

Omega tried to protest but the rest had already agreed and it was 4 against one.

"If this goes south, which it probably will, we'll send you a signal. Get back to the ship and contact Rex."

The lift lit up and sent them up only to be immediately swarmed by Crosshair's squad of troopers.

"Well, that went well," Orla humoured.

"I'm sorry Orla," Tech said sincerely, should have listened to the Jedi. Another thing she was right about.

"And here we are all together again," Crosshair sneered with a new taste of arrogance, "and you brought one of Saw's rebels, how kind of you. Looks like Hunter rubbed off on you." He directed to Orla who still didn't retrieve her blaster.

"You won't be needing your weapons."

Shit, no, no, no they're going to find my lightsaber. Why did I even bring it I should have given it to Omega how could I have been so stupid?

To Orla's relief, the troopers didn't search them, all she had to do was throw her blaster to the ground and hope that was enough to convince them. Her lightsaber was hidden well behind her robes.

"See, following orders isn't so difficult."

Orla surprisingly had to stop herself from laughing at his sarcasm. Shame he was on opposing sides, they might have gotten along well. Crosshair looked around, they were missing someone. Him, no not that, the blondie.

"Where's your little sidekick?"

It wasn't alarming that Crosshair noticed Omega wasn't with them, knowing how desperate they were to go back for her. He didn't seem to share the same need for going back for him.