Chapter 1: Trust is Overratted

After the battle simulation located in the training facility on Kamino, Clone force 99 which consisted of the enhanced clones: Hunter, Echo, Tech, Wrecker, and Crosshair returned to their barracks. Wrecker is enraged when entering after the Empires attempt to use real shots during the battle simulation.

"Live rounds? They used live rounds! On us!"

"I tried to warn you about Tarikn," Echo replied calmly.

"Who's that Imperial snake think he is!"

"Stow it already. You got shot, it happens all the time," Crosshair coldly said, leaning more towards the Empire's side. Tech jumps in,

"There's a fundamental difference between taking fire in battle and being used for target practice."

"Exactly! We're not dummy droids," Wrecker directs his anger to Crosshair until Tarkin responds at the front door.

"That much we agree on."

Tarkin stands tall with two shock troopers at his side. Hunter retrieves his knife back into its sheath and he and the rest of his squad stand to attention, awaiting Tarkins' command.

"That was quite an impressive display. Our new Empire may have methods which seem a bit unorthodox but so does this squadron, both certainly have their merits," as Tarkin continues to speak he looks up and down at Wrecker, "Narla Se speaks quite highly of her five enhanced clones, she claims you're more capable than an army."

"You have a mission for us, sir?" Hunter asks.

Tarkin turns away from Wrecker and walks in the direction of Hunter, "Indeed. We have tracked a group of insurgents to the Onderon sector, they must be dealt with. Separatist forces, intent on keeping the galaxy at war. If you neutralize this grave threat you will be looked upon most favorably as I assess the needs of the Imperial Army."

Tarkin leaves the squadron with the shock troopers and the door closes behind them.

☆☆☆

Tech prepares their ship, the Havoc Marauder, for flight while the rest gather supplies such as explosives from the hanger bay. Echo, Tech, Crosshair, and Wrecker enter the ship while Hunter entered the bay where Omega calls out his name.

"Hunter!"

"I told you to keep your distance," Hunter says while Omega runs to catch up.

"I know, but I need to talk to you."

Hunter kneels down to listen, "Alright, what is it?"

She starts to whisper as if someone might be watching. "That Imperial officer. I think he has it out for you. I overheard him talking to Lama Su, he doesn't like clones."

Hunter laughs it off, "Ah, that's nothing new for us. But we get the job done."

"I don't trust him," Omega says sternly.

"A mission's a mission, it's nothing to worry about."

Omega grows frustrated, she needs him to listen, "then let me come with you."

"Kid, you're not a soldier, it's dangerous."

"It's dangerous here too. Things aren't like before, we need to leave Kamino," Omega desperately tries to convince Hunter but it's no use, he assures her to give it time and leaves the anxious child to depart to Onderon.

"Problem?" Crosshair asks who was waiting at the entrance for Hunter, chewing on a toothpick.

"Eh, something about her I can't figure out."

They watch Omega still at the entrance of the hangar, anxiously fiddling with her fingers. She watches them take off and stands there until Nala Se approaches her from behind, directing her to stay close.