Chapter 1- The arrival

Y/N looked out of the carriage window. It was dark, she could barely see a thing. However, every so often she swore she heard the sound of footsteps and branches snapping right beside the carriage, almost as if they were being stalked by someone or something.

Y/N was nervous. She had never worked as a maiden  before, she didn't know what to expect from Castle Dimitrescu.

Suddenly, the carriage came to a complete stop.

You heard the driver of the carriage shouting at the horse. From what he was saying you assumed it was refusing to move.

You spoke up, "what's going on?"

The driver sighed and hopped off the carriage. He approached the window to speak to you "this stupid horse is refusing to move."

You were about to reply but the sound of a branch snapping behind the driver caught you both by surprise.

The driver quickly turned around and drew his shotgun.

You both listened for another sound to come from the woods. Except for the driver's heavy breathing, the woods was silent.

"Come out! Now!" He shouted whilst tightly clutching his shotgun.

"We need to leave, now!" You cried as you saw a figure from the woods begin to approach the carriage.

The figure startled the driver. He pointed the shotgun right at it "Get back! I'll shoot!"

The figure didn't listen to the warning, instead it came closer. You heard it snarling.

"Shoot it!" You cried.

The driver pulled the trigger and shot the creature in the head. It fell forward and landed before the driver's feet.

The lantern on the carriage allowed you to see what it was. It was a monster that looked like a mixture of a human and a wolf. It had ripped clothes on it's body, sharp teeth and some sort of weapon in its right hand.

"Fucking Lycan." The driver kicked the lycan to ensure it was dead before climbing back onto the carriage.

You sighed in relief. Hopefully nothing else would interrupt the journey to Castle Dimitrescu.

The driver pulled the reigns and the horse began to walk again.

About 40 minutes of silence passed. You were extremely tired and were dying to get to the castle.

"Are we almost there?" You asked rather loudly so the driver could here you.

"Yes. The castle is ahead. You should be able to see it from the window. It is only an outline though, because of how dark it is." He replied as he pulled the reigns harder, which made the horse speed up.

You pressed your face against the window. You saw the castle. It was just an outline like the driver said, but you could see that it was huge.

"I imagine it's beautiful in the daylight" you quietly muttered to yourself.

About 10 minutes later, the carriage came to a complete stop right outside the castle doors.