Chapter 5- The Truth

You awoke to pain. The pain was everywhere. It was in your arms, legs, torso. It was unbearable.

You opened your eyes, and to your surprise, saw that your lady was sitting beside you. She curiously looked at the dagger in her hand whilst her other hand was on top of yours. You noticed that the dagger was the one that Cristina had stabbed you with.

She noticed that you were awake and quickly withdrew her hand before standing up. She placed the dagger down on her bedside table and looked at you, "how are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm in so much pain, my Lady", you replied. You attempted to sit up, but she placed her hand on your shoulder and gently pushed you back down so that you were lying back down on her bed.

"Try not to move too much; your body is still healing," she said. You smiled slightly at how caring she being was towards you. However, you quickly noticed how different she was. She wasn't her usual confident self. She was nervous.

"Are you alright, my Lady?" You asked. She turned away from you.

"I'm fine, Y/N. And you don't have to keep calling me that you know. Just call me Alcina." She replied whilst still turned around.

Something was bothering her, but you decided not to pry any further.

Alcina sat back down beside you. "Do you need anything?" she asked with a sincere smile.

You were surprised as she had never been this nice to you. She was usually stand off-ish. Perhaps you meant more to her than you originally thought.

"Just some water, please", you replied hoarsely.

She smiled before shouting for Cassandra.

Cassandra appeared in a matter of seconds; she turned to face you and smiled.

"Y/N, you're awake, I'm glad. Are you feeling any better?" she asked as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm fine, Cassandra. I'm just really thirsty", you replied with a chuckle.

Alcina cleared her throat, "that is why I called for you, dear. Please, could you get Y/N a glass of water and try not to spill any of it."

Cassandra's eyes widened before she stood up from the bed. "Of course, sorry, Mother. I'll walk back from the kitchen instead of turning into a swarm" Alcina laughed at what her daughter said.

"Okay, dear," she said whilst she placed a hand on her daughter's cheek. Cassandra smiled at you one last time before turning into her swarm and proceeding towards the kitchen.

Alcina sat down in a chair that was near her bed. She picked up the dagger from the bedside table and began studying it again in silence. She looked at it with curiosity but also fear.

"My Lady", you spoke up, which made her look at you.

"Yes?" she asked.

"How come the dagger didn't affect me? Is it because i'm human?" She stood up and sat on the bed. She was now sitting right beside you. She sighed before passing the dagger to you.

"It's a fake" was all she said.

A fake. How could this be?

Alcina buried her face in her hands. You had never seen her like this; it was weird to see her being so emotional with you.

"I have no idea where the real one could be. If it gets into the wrong hands, it means myself and my daughters could be killed." Alcina sounded terrified; you could see how much her daughters meant to her. You placed your hand on her bare shoulder. Her skin was stone cold, and to your surprise, she didn't shrug you off. Then you remembered what Cristina had said about the village attacking the castle.