Part One

"WAIT!" a shrill scream rang through the room. "

Your highness, what is it?" one of the nurses demanded, sweat beading at her forehead. "12 more minutes..." the same voice that was screaming now groaned breathlessly. "Historia, what do you mean?" another nurse demanded, eyes wide as they hastily injected the blonde haired girl with more painkiller. 

"12 MINUTES! Until... midnight..." she choked out. The multiple nurses filing in and out of the room looked around at one another frantically, yet continued to do their work. Historia screamed out again in pain, feeling her insides being stretched and her outsides and flesh were being torn in an inconceivable way. She had her ample share of experience with physical pain- anyone who knew her could tell you that- but childbirth fell on a whole other spectrum.

The queen was located in a large hospital bed, uncomfortably leaning at an odd angle on a sweat soaked pillow. Her entire body below her chest was a fire of different aching or ripping pains, drenched in her own blood and fluids. 

"Would you like the father to enter the delivery room?" a nurse shouted urgently from the room entrance. "NO- I mean, yes, when this is all over... just 10 more minutes now.." Historia managed to speak. Her eyes grew to be huge sky blue pools as she felt the infant pushed halfway out, out into the harsh white light.

A fresh, horrible new wave of pain came over her. "AGHHHHH---" her voice exploded in agony. Every nurse in the room was suddenly at the direct site of birth by the end of the bed. The head nurse looked up directly across the bloody scene to make eye contact with Historia's pale clenched face. 

"Your highness, you need to make the final pushes NOW. If you fail to deliver this child within the next two minutes, your life may be compromised." she said in the most stabilizing yet urgently direct way that she could muster. 

In that exact moment, Historia realized she couldn't take it anymore. "YMIR!" The queen wailed out excruciatingly into the small space. Just at hearing that name being spoken, Historia's eyes filled with fresh hot tears and her heart ached as if she had been stabbed through the chest. 

Hormones raged through her veins, her mind swimming. It was the only name that came to her mind when she was afraid. Or when she was in need of a savior. It came to her mind even when she was happy, just for an instant. To Historia, it was the only name that really ever mattered.