Part Four

Author's Note: AAAGH THIS ONE'S A GOOD ONE GUYS.. MY HEART HURTS AND IS HAPPY THE SAME TIME TO WRITE THIS.

In this surreal, misty landscape of light and shadow, the one and only Ymir materialized, walking towards Historia with an unreadable expression on her face. "I'm finally in heaven, without a doubt-" the royal thought, her mouth wide open, her thoughts projecting out into the void. And then Ymir spoke. The girl that lived on in Historia's mind for years straight, and appeared in her dreams without fail every night... spoke.

"Why now?"

"Wh- what?"

"When you were pushing the infant- you were going on and on about the minutes leading up to midnight- you were saying my name... you were going to say I love you..."

"Ymir, I... Ymir, it's really you..."

"Why didn't you say it YEARS ago? When you said 'No matter what happens... I'll always be your ally.' Why didn't you say it at the mountain when I made you promise? Or when you first told me your real name... But when you got my letter, I-"

"I WAS SAYING I LOVE YOU! EVERY ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS IN TIME, EVEN WHEN WE WEREN'T SAYING ANYTHING OUT LOUD I WAS SAYING I LOVE YOU! HUMAN OR TITAN, I DON'T CARE, I LOVE YOU! I'M SORRY... I'M SO SO SORRY, I WAS SELFISH AND AFRAID IN THE PAST, YOU'RE RIGHT. I DIDN'T LOVE MYSELF THEN- I LOVED YOU, YOU AND ONLY YOU, BUT EVEN THOUGH I REALIZED THAT, I HATED MYSELF FOR IT. Because... I wasn't myself. For so long. Only around you... so it took some time to get used to. Ever since I met you, since that first day of training, I felt myself become real." she concluded her eruption of thoughts.

Historia finally made eye contact once again with Ymir, to find that a river of tears were streaming down her tan face, her brown eyes glassy, the golden flecks shining again in the yellow light. "You love me..." the smallest whisper left Ymir's soft, smiling, lips. "Of course... out of every godforsaken being in this universe, you choose to be MY ally, to actually love me..."

"I always have... but you've always been such a dummy," she laughed, "I hate that I never said it straightforwardly to you before." Historia said affectionately.

And within seconds, Ymir's lips were connected to Historias, and years of their unfinished story was revived, Historia drowning in the overwhelming emotion of the kiss. The kiss was held for as long as they could, both girl's chests heaving as they grasped each other, and then their arms violently enveloped around one another in a hug.

Before they knew it, their grasp turned into relaxed stances, unbreaking eye contact, and a smooth rhythm of movement.

Historia gasped, suddenly they were dressed in wedding attire, completely adorned in the ornate outfits and fully accessorized. It was exactly what Historia pictured they would look like if they had ever gotten married- it's what she imagined ever since Ymir put her arm around her that one day and said, "That's MY Krista! After this mission ends, marry me, baby!" Ymir placed one hand delicately on Historia's waist, and took Historia's hand in the other.

Historia interlocked her pale hand with Ymir's, and reached to put her other one around Ymir's slender neck. And they started to slow dance. *queue the song Sparks by Coldplay lmao*

Historia then realized that this dimension wasn't exactly heaven, rather it was Ymir's essence, her very SOUL. That's why the feelings of familiarity and love were so overpowering, yet calm. For Historia, that was the closest thing to heaven she could think of.

The yellow light of the space-like atmosphere pulsated along with Ymir's heartbeat, and she positioned her warm brown eyes to look straight into Historia's silvery blues, with immeasurable love radiating from her very core.

"There." Ymir said. "Hmm?" Historia said, leaning her head in, buried in Ymir's chest as they continued to dance. "There." She paused. "I have no regrets." Historia looked up again. "I have no regrets, I finally married you." said Ymir.