Part Three

Suddenly, the whites, beiges and browns of the scene melted into a brilliant array of purples and blues. Historia was floating, realizing with shock that her birthing pains from earlier were numb to the touch.

More than that, she was floating nearly 30 feet up in the freezing air, along the rocky sides of a mountain range, her eyes transfixed on two figures. They faced one another, only inches apart and one started to talk. "When I reveal my secret to everyone, promise me," the taller girl spoke, her voice strong and unwavering. "TAKE BACK YOUR OLD NAME AND LIVE."

Historia watched the scene, unbelieving, taking in this past version of herself, who was being grasped by the shoulders by Ymir herself, mouth agape.

Her heart ached more than any pain she had ever felt. She honestly didn't think she could feel for any being more than she felt for Ymir. Every fake smile, every day of waking up in order to be that perfect soldier, that perfect girl always trying to win everyone's favor and love because she never had love from the start- she'd do all that again just to be her real self with Ymir for one more moment. The sparkling rays of sun began to slice through the misty blues of the sky and shoot out from behind the peaks. The sun lit up golden flecks in Ymir's brown eyes, something no one ever really noticed except for Historia. Historia, still floating mid air, felt somewhat of a tangible warmth as the rays hit her backside, and suddenly the light grew to fill the entire vision, and Historia once again shut her eyes.

Then the pain came back.

Almost like an itch at first, and then like full-blown warfare, the blond-haired girl's body was once again under attack by the waves of childbirth pain. "AHHGAHHW-" she wailed.

Her subconscious faded back into the delivery room for a mere second again, where the sounds of the machines were blaring and the smell of blood and fluid was dizzying. Then, after an excruciating thrall of torment, all was a soft, warm, yellow. There was nothing to be seen for miles around except for wisps of cloud and light. "I... I'm in heaven, I think... This has to be heaven, but for some reason it feels so familiar, like I've already been here. Where is everyone else? Wait- if I'm dead, is my child alive? Or did I leave it motherless, just like how I was-" these thoughts raced through the blonde girl's brain, wracking her conscious.