Part Two

"JUST 9 MORE MINUTES!" "HISTORIA, PUSH! NOW!" the head nurse commanded thunderously among the loud frantic dialogue between the other nurses and the rapidly increasing noises of the machines.

"9 MINUTES, AND THIS WILL BE DONE! 9 MINUTES UNTIL IT'S FEBRUARY 17TH! 9 MINUTES UNTIL IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YMIR! I WOULD NEVER FORGET YOUR BIRTHDAY YMIR! BECAUSE.. BECAUSE I LO-" Historia's overflowing of words was cut off by the shrieks of the many nurses of all except the head nurse, whose eyes were simply wide and forehead was sweating profusely as she stared at the site of where the baby was being brought out.

The head nurse then looked up at Historia, and her eyes grew even bigger. "YOUR HIGHNESS, STAY WITH US!" she said, bounding up to the bed frame.

Before Historia knew it, a needle found its way to her arm and her mind engulfed itself in a cloud of blackness while the flashes of pain faded into a steady pressure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Historia opened her eyes and found herself in an odd room, similar to the small delivery room but different- the entire atmosphere was so uneasy yet familiar at the same time- and then she saw it. A pale, struggling infant with a wisp of blonde hair. It was herself. SHE WAS WATCHING HERSELF.

Historia gasped at the scene, her mind swirling, fading in and out of her delivery room and into this one. This moment, this singular, heart-wrenching moment- it was her entrance into this sick, violent world. All of this to lead up to the witnessing of own mother's murder. A mother who never loved her, never wanted her. In no lifetime would Historia ever think she would be able to see this- her life from the outside, where she could physically see every fear and doubt being instilled practically from birth. She could organize her life into a succession of events, of lies.

Historia shut her eyes as tight as she could and groaned. The vision began to swim and voices of loved comrades, her fellow soldiers calling the name "Krista" could be heard from all angles. A few voices she had heard within the last week, some she had not heard in years. She had almost forgotten how they sounded, just like how she was finally beginning to forget hearing the name Krista. "That stupid name... all of those stupid lies... that wasn't ever me... "I WON'T LISTEN! I'M NEVER GOING TO RESPOND TO THAT NAME AGAIN!" she shrieked, now curled into a ball with her hands grasping her ears and the sides of her head so hard her fingernails tore into her skin. "OF COURSE YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO RESPOND TO THAT NAME AGAIN. YOU PROMISED, DIDN'T YOU?" a voice sounded with a boom from somewhere above in this dreamlike haze. Historia immediately ceased all thoughts and scanned above, eyes wide. It was THE voice. It was THAT voice, HER Ymir.

Author's Note: Hope this isn't confusing, but basically Historia is having this crazy out of body experience in her mind while her own physical body is going through the effects and the extreme pain of childbirth. ENJOY THE NEXT PART :))