Chapter One

"They say that being a woman doesn't deserve any titles, even in the old times"

"GET UP OR ELSE NO ONE WILL BE SERVED BREAKFAST!"

We're startled to the shout of our commander and trainer, Sir Herold. We hurriedly made our morning routine and go outside as our Cook, Mrs. Johnson gives everyone breakfast. Fried fish, an egg, and rice. The men beside me eats very fast like there's someone chasing them and they have to worry. This is our morning routine. Get up, Morning routine, breakfast then the most exhausting part-

"REYES!"

I'm screwed. Standing and saluting to our commander, I can hear everyone snicker at my actions. Sir Herold just laugh at me along with the cooks and walked away, shaking his head. "Someone's still sleepy." Leonard teased beside me as I eat breakfast and the other men beside me chuckled. I glared at their way making them shut up.

"The training will start in Ten Minutes. Reyes will train separately." Sir Herold announced after our breakfast.

"SIR YES SIR!"

I immediately left the tent and walked towards the field. Training in the first weeks and months made me weak because the women in my group are lean and toned, yet I was the runt.

Cadet Reyes. The name plate on the left side of the vest is visible on the water with my whole endemeanour being reflected.

I am Audrey Hemilton-Reyes, daughter of the Duke of Henrick. Yet living here like common person inside the Camp. I never wanted the position as the Future Duchess, despite of my odd appearance. Having a ash brown hair and different color of eyes: Steel Grey and Amber.

I wanted to be respected. A milestone where I will make myself name without the support of my family. Under many circumstances, I was bullied in school because of my status as a lowborn-woman's daughter.

An abomination.

Why is poverty gives us very heavy responsibilities? Why is being a lowborn is despised by the society? Lowborns are humans too. People experiencing poverty are also breathing souls.

The world is cruel; because most of the people that suffered are poor. They don't have a decent job, no decent home, and dresses poorly.

When they took me away from my mother, as I was still a little girl who remembers everything. They dressed me like I am someone who belongs to one of the Noble Families. Families that looks down upon commoners and poor people.

"You will Introduce yourself as a daughter of Henrick Reyes, not as a lowborn worthless child of Clarissa Hemilton." My grandfather, the current Duke of the Duchy sneered at me.

I just nodded and curtsied as sign of respect to him. I looked down and silently wept my tears. I am dressed like a noble, a daughter where is pampered. A daughter that has given a beautiful home, a palace where many girls dreamt of being a princess. Fancy meals on the long table, but the only presence I know are the maids. That even going out is forbidden. That I have to make many etiquette lessons and fittings for the Ceremonies.

I felt suffocated inside. I feel that I don't belong here, in this status.

I felt a slap on my cheek as I fell to the floor. "YOU WILL NOT CRY LIKE AN INFANT! YOU ARE A REYES! THIS FAMILY DOESN'T CONDONE WEAKNESS!"

Punch after punch. I swung a round house kick to my left as Commander slides to my back. Fighting and backhanding him is the lesson for today as I focus on the training.

Hours later, lunch is arriving, students goes in the cafeteria one by one. We, together ate lunch as the food is delicious. The groups are going to their respective commanders as ordered by the Chief. Meaning, more classes.

We were all given one hour to freshen up ourselves and also, rest. I closed my eyes as I relax myself against the soft cushions of the library.

"The Duchy of Henrick lead by Duke Lorenzo Reyes, and the Royal Family is uniting through the engagement of the Future King and our Future Duchess!"

Marriage is the last thing I want in my life. Just because I am a woman, whom they say "a damsel in distress" mean all of the women.

I still remembered how I escaped that house. Funny to say, but my grandfather is the most slouchy man in the multi-universe. Trusting people so much, I climbed up the wall as I ran for my life and stumbled inside the Military.

I was of age already when I escaped. Now, trained, fighting, also kicking asses.

I know that Mother will be so happy for me. I wonder where she is, I really missed her.

Afternoon classes started as soon as I finished one chapter of the history book. Walking through the halls of the military school, the students are wandering on the bulletin board. I continued to walk, maybe it's an announcement placed by the board members of the Military Council.

"Reyes!"

Turning to the person who yelled my surname, well my father's surname. It was Marionn, also my classmate in the Class. He ran towards me as we walked to the class.

"Have you heard the news?"

Shaking my head, I nudged him to go on what he is saying. "The Duchy of Henrick and The Crown Prince will be here tomorrow dummy!"

Frowning, I sarcastically asked. "What do you mean- Oh The Mighty High Nobles?"

Marionn furrowed his eyes at me. "Aren't you a Noble too?"

I shook my head. "My Father and Grandfather never cared about me. All they want is to elevate their power by marrying me off to the pathetic Royal ass. I was fine being bullied and despised before they took me from my mother. I was dressed like a Noble, yet I wasn't that person. I feel suffocated on those dresses and heels. I don't belong to that family."

Hearing my side, he finally understood what I mean. Everyone knows I am the Duke's Daughter, yet they always ask why I am here. This is the first time I shared my story to a stranger.

Marionn kept blabbering all the way to the classroom until I cringed what he said. "I have a new friend!"

Well, having friends is not a crime, right?

T H E F E M A L E G E N E R A L
'edited'

Author's Note

Well, still being quiet the whole time. Still wrapping myself in order to protect myself. Selfish my mean, but I have to.
Because if became careless, I would end up inside the Hospital.

But I want you to know:
Slowly, but Surely.

I am healing. Through friends and God together with His words.