Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

AUDREY HEMILTON-REYES

"Samuel, Benjamin, Marcus. Guard the North-West entrance. While Audrey will be the one guarding and surveilling the whole Palace in the watch tower. The rest of the Second Team will patrol around the Palace. Third team will be split half and the first half will be on top of the walls, the others will accompany the three in the North West entrance." Chief Commander ordered.

It may be sound absurd but I raised my hands, calling him for attention. "Permission to ask Sir?"

"Permission granted."

"Sir, Why am I alone on the watch tower?"

His eyes flashed something but quickly hid it as he hesitates for a moment. "The King has asked you to guard the watch tower. Sir Herold has recommended you, but you have companions there, so it won't be a problem."

I nodded, understanding the situation. Fixing the uniform, I walked through the hallways to the watch tower looking over the Palace. Opening the door to the tower, I can see a sillouhette of a man.

"It's been years since I saw you."

My heartbeat increases, as I hear the voice insde the tower. "I beg your pardon?"

The man chuckles like I said something funny. But I ain't joking right now nor making funny stories.

He turned around, and his forest-green eyes looked at me in amazement as his whole being is illuminated by the moonlight. His golden tan skin toned with bulky muscles along with his jet black hair just made me want to stop myself from staring at this man.

'Well, looks like you are drooling at the sight of him.'

The corner of his red, lucious lips curved upwards as he strode towards me. But here I am, unmoving in the entrance of the Tower. His long, muscled arms hesitanyly encircled my waist like he is expressing that he cannot believe what is happening.

"My name is Xander.. My lady." He said as he took one of my hands to his lips.

A big horn was hear from a tower near the Palace and our eyes widened. The horn signals Danger.

I immediately broke contact with the person with me and pulled the rope to ring the bell.

I took the stranger's hands and grabbed my sword. He followed me to the hallways when I saw many rebels holding their own weapons.

"I want you to stay behind me, Your Highness."

His eyes widened as the first person in the front attacked us.

Swing, Slash, Stab. Slash, Duck, then Stab.

I fought along with the wave of the people attacking us one by one. And the stranger—or should I say Crown Prince just stood there while I am the one defending him. When enemies are all eliminated, I grabbed his hand to the Throne Room.

The Royal Family along with the Nobilities are there with Royal Guards as the Prince entered the Hall with me.

Their eyes widen at the sight of me, bleeding and limping holding a bloody sword. Good thing that those men I stabbed is in their legs.

But they caused damage also to me.

I bowed with respect as I left the hall in silence. I saw Commander limping with others as I near them.

"Reyes, Good thing that you just ring the Bell in time."

Nodding in gratitude, I looked at others. "No deaths?"

They all nodded yes. But some are seriously injured. After getting the permission from the King to go back to the military, we came back inside infirmary. Gosh, I already hate the smell of medicines.

T H E  F E M A L E  G E N E R A L
LADY/CZA

Author's Note:

Slow editing, still. I got busy for these past weeks.