Chapter 8

CHAPTER EIGHT

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS LUKE ALEXANDER

It makes sense when days later Audrey has avoided him. Graduation is approaching, and she is nowhere to be seen. Rumors upon Audrey, known as the Duke's Granddaughter, will be knocked off the circle of strength. Yet the gossipers were shutted up as the Announcement from the Military School spread like wildfire.

'Three students from Delta Military School for Royal Soldiers made their own position to be Generals approaching the Graduation. The enlisted are:

Audrey Elaine Hemilton-Reyes
Mark Jones
Zircon Sarge

Further notice for their families as the whole battalion is preparing for war, and they will be placed as trainees for Generals, whom will retire and the three students are studying and working hard to have their way through the success.'

War.

Battle.

Bloodshed.

Death.

He begged his Royal Father not to place Audrey in the war but he didn't even budge his presence kneeling on the floor of the Throne in front of His Majesty. The butlers and maids, even his mother told him not to. But the desicion was already made. Audrey and the others will enter a new unnamed camp where they will be trained and to harness their skills.

More deaths are being reported every hour and more funerals are held in every town and now, the new army is rising. He held the scroll, where the names of newly formed army list is placed. He looked down upon finishing reading when he saw something.

'Tigris.'

Tigris? Who made that name?

Tigris or Hiddekel from the River in Mesopotamia. The river trails from the Nineve, (known as the Largest City in Kingdom of Assyria ) to the Kingdom of Babel/Babilonia.

A river where the Kingdom of Babel's front gate is located. Where hundred years ago, was invaded by soldiers of Medo-Persia under the orders of the King Cirus for the river was shallow in depth.

But why did they made it as name of an army?

"General Reyes said that Tigris River has served people in the Mesopotamia because of the streams of water. Without water, there will be no life near them. Babylon was never defeated because of the River's deepness. By the time the river was shallow, the Persians took over Babel, yet the river is still useful despite of the kingdom that relies on it's defense.

That's why they named it Tigris. They will be undefeated but they will be not weak as Babel. The army wanted peace, and they will fight for the peace of this kingdom. I saw determination of your future queen in her eyes. She will not be defeated. She has a warrior and a noble blood running her veins. Her mother came from descendants of the loyal warriors from our very first King, who stood beside him against the invaders and rebels." Father said when he saw me looking at the papers.

THIRD PERSON

Everyone in the Silver Palace couldn't believe what they heard. A noble as a warrior. This is the first time where a woman will enter the warzone. Even though there's still rough pathways and high mountains towards success, the people still consider Audrey as the first soldier to reach this high. She wasn't wearing fancy clothes like most noble women, not even a single jewelry. She wasn't raised and groomed to be married off to the strangers who had the same rank, or even higher. She wasn't confined to a palace where she would be safe, she is placed into a battlefield where you will kill, or you will be killed. A place where women didn't destined to be placed in front of danger.

Most people say that a life was destined as it is. But what they say isn't the truth. We, people has a choice either we make ourselves be useful or useless.

Destiny wasn't controlling our fate. Us.

It is up to you if you're going to just stay in one place or spread your wings to fly and roam the world to discover more.

Leaving and becoming independent is not selfish, it's growth. Making yourself independent from people doesn't make you look selfish.

Just how a tree sprouts and grows from a small pot, doesn't the tree requires a bigger pot? And eventually, we'll going to place it in the ground?

The world as a child is like the small pot. But as we grow, we discover more things as we discover a new world. Just like we grow and we become great for things. It may be difficult to place yourself in a environment you are not used to, atleast you are going to explore anew.

Audrey used to think that being an adult is different than being a child, but being a grown-up person make you being you.

Now, a general. The first General that is not a male; a Female, a woman most people think is fragile like a glass, sensitive, and weak.

Every woman in this planet is strong, does men give birth to infants? No, women did. Does men experience hellish cramps every month because they have menstruation? No, women are. Who carried us for months before we are born? Our mothers, our women.

Women has a significant nature of pregnancy and giving birth, but women can also do men's work.

Audrey is strong, from her mistreatment, her journey, and her will to lead and to serve her country is tremendous.

Now, the Crown Prince Luke is in a carriage to the Tigris Camp.

"I won't let a queen enter a battlefield without a king."

T H E  F E M A L E  G E N E R A L
All rights reserved 2023
LADY/CZA

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
(edited)

Hello, hello everyone! Sorry, I was carried away from my work, and my school! Although I was rejected from the first time, I got accepted for the second time!

By the way, thank you for reading The Female General! Happy One Thousand reads!