Chapter 9

"Honey! I'm home!" Harvey hears a voice call from the hallway and comes bounding out of the bedroom at break-neck speed.

He doesn't wait for Jefferson to finish taking off his shoes before he plasters himself to his back, leaving not even a molecule of air between them.

The redhead stumbles before planting his feet on the floor and turning his head slightly to look at the overgrown koala behind him. His shoulders sag in relaxation, and his lips curve up slowly to form an easy smile.

"I guess you missed me?" He asks with only a fraction of his usual smugness and double the affection.

At first, Harvey is silent, and only responds with a short nod against his boyfriend's back. They're practically the same height, but Harvey is so thin and lithe that Jefferson's strong build still somehow manages to dwarf him, and the brunet finds himself ducking down to bury his head into the fabric of his jacket. Then when Jeff starts to turn around, his boyfriend is forced to detach himself from his body, looking up at him with the adoring expression that is reserved for Jefferson alone.

"Of course, I missed you." Harvey murmurs, surging forward to wrap his arms around the star's waist, letting his arms cross over his broad back.

Jeff smiles fondly, pressing his lips into the hair at the side of Harvey's head, which is resting on his shoulder.

"How about you show me how much you missed me?" Jeff asks, pulling the top of his body away from Harvey's just enough to look him in the eyes.

The brunet meets his gaze, finding a dark heat growing in those otherwise bright blue eyes.

He tilts his head in the way that he knows makes his fluffy hair flop in front of his eyes attractively. Then he runs his thin hand in a deliberate stripe from the centre of Jefferson's shoulder blades down to the bottom of his strong back.

He looks pointedly at his boyfriend's soft lips, drags his gaze back to his eyes, then leans in slowly with a purr.

"My pleasure."

~~~

Making love to Jefferson is something that Harvey had fantasised about since he was old enough to want it. He had pictured it as something sacred, to be cherished. A once in a lifetime experience.

He imagined it to be all-consuming, imagined himself drowning in the waves of the tsunami that was Jefferson Blake.

And he was right. For the most part.

Because by the time they were done, Harvey found that all of his worries had been reduced to a pleasant hum residing in the deepest corners of his mind.

He both loves and hates that about their relationship.

"Mm." Harvey hears Jefferson hum from behind him. They're lying on top of their covers, the bedroom's large windows letting in the moonlight, which illuminates the room, giving everything inside it a soft, peaceful glow.

"You good there?" Harvey smirks, turning his head the slightest bit.

"Mm... I'm more than good." Jeff hums again, nuzzling his head into the nape of his boyfriend's neck, "I think I've ascended."

"You make it sound like it's a religious experience." Harvey laughs.

"It is." He can feel Jefferson's grin, then a light kiss on his skin, "After all, I worship you."

That makes Harvey smile, soft and private. His stomach does a weird fluttery thing that it only does when Jefferson says something intense and loving.

He fidgets, then turns around in Jefferson's arms. With the hand that isn't trapped between their bodies, he reaches up to run the tips of his fingers across Jeff's eyebrows. Then he drags them to his temple, down his cheekbones, along his jaw, and finally to rest on his pink lips.

And then they lock eyes; rich chocolate meeting the deep sea. And they just lie there, smiling at each other.

"I worship you too." Harvey whispers, breaking the silence.

The redhead's eyes flutter prettily, and whenever he does that, Harvey is hit with an overwhelming feeling of tenderness. Despite Jeff's strength, his broad shoulders and firm muscles, he remains delicate, and precious, in a way the Harvey can never quite emulate.

Where Harvey is skin and bones, sharp edges and jutting hips, Jefferson is soft skin and feather-light touches.

All Harvey wants to do is hold him, and kiss him, and protect him.

Even if it's sometimes from himself.

Jeff's eyes begin to droop, and eventually Harvey can tell that only his stubbornness is keeping him awake.

"Go to sleep." He whispers fondly, letting a hand smooth down tufts of red hair, then sitting up slightly, "I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

Jefferson answers with a content hum, his blue eyes sliding shut and snuggling down into the pillow Harvey had just vacated.

"Come back soon," He slurs, "You smell good."

Harvey grins, standing up, "I smell like sex." He scoffs, heading toward the door.

"Mmm... Exactly." Comes the reply, before the soft sound of snoring fills the big room.

Harvey huffs a laugh, exiting into the hallway and making his way into the bathroom.

It's not too late. Jefferson had gotten back in the early evening, so it had to be only seven or eight at night, so Harvey isn't surprised when he hears his phone ping from the coffee table he'd left it on in the living room.

After pouring himself a glass of water, he heads towards his phone, picking it up and checking the notification.

From 'Princess Christopher :P':

(19:07) HARVEY TURN ON TH NEWD

(19:08) NEWS*

(19:15) NOW

(19:32) FUKCING DO IT!!!!!!!

Harvey frowns. Chris is usually pretty dramatic, so he isn't exactly concerned about the messages. It's probably just some gossip about a celebrity Harvey doesn't care about.

But then there's another text.

From 'Prince Luke >:('

(19:34) Harv, I think you might wanna see this.

Well shit, Harvey thinks, maybe now's the time to be worried.

A/N:

Hey Guys!!

It's my 21st birthday in literally 2 hours and I wanted to gift my readers with a new chapter!

Before this week I had possibly the worst week I've had in over 3 years, but I've been getting lovely comments on my stories, I got really great university exam results, plus the excitement about my birthday Has completely shifted my mood! Thank you too my amazing readers!

I'm trying to have a structured process with the writing, where I only post a chapter if I have at least one extra chapter written in advance. That way if I go way too long without posting, I can upload a pre-written chapter.

Basically if you guys feel like it's been ridiculously long since the last chapter then please let me know because I should have the next one written, and be writing another.

Not long left of the story planned! Stay tuned!

Serena x