Chapter 7: DISCOVERIES

Chapter 7: Discoveries

|AZAMI|

Pumasok ako sa kwarto at kaagad na pumunta sa malaking kabinet dito pagkatapos magpagamot sa 4th floor. It's already evening and I'm tired already. I breathed deeply and slowly opened the cabinet, and there I saw another weapon inside the box.

A dagger.

Napabuntong hininga ako bago binagsak ang katawan sa kama habang pinagmamasdan ang dagger na'to. Strange, the weapons they're always giving us are ordinary weapons, this is just new. New that I'm afraid maybe the game would be harsher. The dagger even had gem pieces designs.

I didn't realize my eyes slowly closed as exhaustion took control of my body. I got alarmed when I heard a knock on my door. I've fallen asleep to realize it's already early in the morning. I straight off went to the door and opened it.

"Miss Ideth?" I called right after I saw her face. She's one of the devil's assistant. A very formal and pretty woman in her late 20's.

"You received the weapon?" she asked as she writes on her mini notebook checking each and everyone of us as usual. I glanced over my shoulder to check on the dagger, nandoon. How I thought I was only dreaming about receiving such weapon.

"Opo," sagot ko at siniyasat niya ako mula ulo hanggang paa.

"You look absolutely different when your hair is down?" nakataas kilay niyang saad. And there I promptly noticed my hair wasn't in ponytail anymore. It probably went off when I was asleep.

"You should better keep it up, you're prettier when it's not tied."

Napalunok ako. "I-I should be ready Miss." madaling sabi ko.

"Off you go then, and oh please, ready yourself for the training with Lucia." sabi niya bago ako iwan.

I paused and my brows furrowed from wondering who's this Lucia she's talking about? And, a training? Anong klaseng kalokohan na naman ang ipapagawa nila sa amin?

I sighed and just immediately took a shower and stride my way straight to the cafeteria. After getting my food, nakita ko kaagad sina Miles at Blytha na magkasama kumain. Hindi ko na lang sila inistorbo at lumipat sa kabilang table, pero napansin ako ni Blytha.

"Azami!" she called aloud and tapped the chair beside her kaya't pumunta na lamang ako doon, I looked at Miles and he's just busy munching his food. I swallowed hardly preventing the akward silence I may felt.

"Anong armas ang nakuha mo?" tanong kaagad sa'kin ni Blytha kaya nakahinga ako nang maluwag, sasabihin ko ba?

"Dagger." sagot ko na lamang habang sa kumakain, they both stopped to look at me and I was stopped by their actions as well. 

"Dagger, seryoso ka ba?!" Blytha said with wide eyes, she gasped. "Nagbibigay na sila ng daggers ngayon?" napatingin siya kay Miles kaya't napatanong naman ako.

"Bakit ano ba ang mga nakuha niyo?"

"Ordinary knife." Miles said not even bothering to look at us.

"Hammer lang din 'yung sa'kin." saad ni Blytha in mouthful, she moved her curly hair on her right shoulder to prevent it from messing around. Meanwhile, I splay my head slowly as I got the questioning look on my face. I asked the people behind us and they also got the same. They just got ordinary weapons! So, why on earth did I get such a lucky dagger while they got those ordinary weapons?

~Gather inside the Training area~

Napatayo kami sa biglang paulit-ulit na sabi nito. "So we do really have a training huh?" mahinang saad ni Blytha as we started to walk. Nakasalubong namin bigla si Karlynn, it made us stop from walking.