p l a y t h e p a r t

Iris tossed and turned in bed. The moonlight cracked through her curtains and she felt like her body was on fire, but in fact it was just shame for allowing Negan to do what he did.

She was attracted to him, she had no problem admitting that, any woman would be. But her loneliness and desperation over what to do in this situation with the Governor and her groups safety didn't excuse Negan and herself getting close. Even if that is what she promised. Her stomach fluttered but also twisted and sunk thinking of the day Negan would take his end of the deal. Her group would be safe from the Governor and she could control Negans wrath for them from his bed, but that's just it, she would be sleeping with Negan.

As she squirmed in bed, her mind drifted to past memories, of Rick and Daryl and the group.

"I need you to keep a secret" Maggie had said softly to her one day in Alexandria. Glenn stood next to her, wearing a huge grin. Iris let out a small laugh and frowned.

"You look like a Cheshire Cat Glenn, what's up with you two?" Iris had asked. She watched as the couple looked at each other before taking a picture out of Glenn's bag. Handing it to Iris, Iris' heart warned and a smile spread across her lips like wildfire.

"Oh my God!" She whispered, covering her mouth. "You're having a baby!" She let out a laugh before she clutched the both of them suddenly. "I'm gonna be an aunt!" Iris giggled

Maggie and Glenn both shared in her happiness. And for a moment there had been a faint light in this dark world

~next memory~

"Hey asshole" Iris had said down a walkie talkie, her and Glenn standing in awe over the stupidity of the man they had just watched march into the swarmed city on a fucking horse "Yeah you, Sheriff big balls? You got a dick big enough to scrape your way out of there?"

"Why the hell you on a horse?" Glenn had said, Iris smirked at him.

"Yeah don't think that was the smartest idea man" Iris agreed, sending it over to the man they were yet to meet.

"My name is Rick. Rick Grimes. Who the hell are you? What the hell is goin' ohhnn" Iris and Glenn had heard back.

"My name is Iris, Iris Gunn, Gemini, likes beer and darts, and enjoys a good book from time to time. And you my friend, are at the end of the world. And in it. Welcome to the apocalypse bitch!" Iris had laughed over the device.

~next memory~

Iris had run into town alone, away from the farm to find supplies for the group and the new family they had met there. She had hoped if she gathered good stuff, Hershel would allow them to stay for longer. As she went to open the door of a liquor store, she hadn't even realised a quiet snarling walker come up behind her.

Iris jumped as she felt hands on her shoulders, but as quickly as it had happened, the Walker dropped to the floor. Her head whipped over to the side, seeing Daryl lean by his motorcycle.

She rolled her eyes. "Bloody hell", she muttered to herself. at this point, their relationship was rocky. Iris had hated Merle, he was always making inappropriate comments to her, or all round being a twat. Daryl she had assumed to be a hot head like his brother and a bit reckless. He had his moments, and at times Iris thought of his as funny and sometimes charming. But at this time, as far as she showed him to his face, Iris didn't like him.