p a s t i n t h e b a s e m e n t

Negan and Simon walked to the basement together. Simon was eager to see the man who had caused such a trooper so much pain, and eager to give him a few poundings that were bubbling up inside of him. Iris was everywhere around him, Simon felt like he could feel her touch everywhere he went, hear her voice; she was inside his head at most moments. He wanted to cause a little pain to the bastard that had left her wounded for so long.

"Why haven't you told her yet?" Simon asked.

"I will" Negan responded. "I just want him to piss his pants first". Negan pounded his bat on the cell door. Both Simon and him could hear shaky breaths and clanks of chains from the other side as presumably the man scrambled for safety at the sound of company.

"Knock knock knock" Negan taunted. The door swung open, and Simon saw the man for the first time. He was every bit as slimy and weak and perverted as he imagined.

*art of the Governor*

"You do that to him?" Simon asked, pointing at his eye.

"No". Negan said. "That was there before. Wish I had though"

"What do you want?" The man growled. He had been beaten and starved by Negan. Negan had made sure a guard was there with his visits at all times though, he couldn't risk being left alone with him. Otherwise the man would've been dead. And he couldn't rob Iris of such a pleasure.

"I got food, supplies, anything you want gentleman" he said. He didn't necessarily sound scared, and that annoyed both Simon and Negan.

"We don't want your things" Simon crouched in front of him admiring Negans handy work, pressing his finger into a ripe shoulder wound. The Governor grimaced.

"Then why am I here? You just some sort of psycho who gets their kicks out of killing innocent men" Negan snorted.

"Innocent? Are you fucking kidding me Phillip" his name on Negans tongue shocked the Governor to his core. "You ain't innocent. You're probably the most disgusting depraved man on the face of the earth"

"I don't have any idea what you're talking about" but he did. Faces flew around Phillips head, people he had tortured and killed, matching faces to Negans and Simons to see if any of them were familiar. He couldn't place them though.

"Fine, I'll give you a name to kick start your memory" Negan gritted his teeth, being this close to him made him sick. "Iris Gunn".

The Governor swallowed. Growling a little under his breath. Iris. His favourite. But also the most slippery, the most intelligent, the most skilled. He cursed himself for letting her get away.

"So that's what this is about huh? You two her boyfriends or something" he laughed wickedly. "I could tell she was a dirty slut" Simon kicked him hard in the stomach before he could finish. The Governor laughed in pain, looking up at Simon and Negan. "Or admirers. That's it. You think handing me over will get you in her good books. I'll tell you fellas, she's a tough nut to crack. Handing me over won't change a damn thing"