Chapter 9

The next morning, the bulls were out in the yard training. Ferdinand and Estrella walked out of the stables hesitantly as they watched the others train. Then looking at the horses practicing their dance routine. Then at the Chophouse. Lupe came in and told Ferdinand that he wanted to be picked he had to be tough.

Lupe: You are not a flower bull, not a soft bull, you're a real killing machine. Now repeat after me, I am---

But just as Lupe was talking Angus was about to run over a bunny.

Estrella: Ferdinand, look!!

Ferdinand: Bunny!!!

Lupe: Wait what? No not bunny.

Then Ferdinand pushed Angus out of the way. But when Ferdinand tried to stop, he almost hit the bunny just for few inches. The bunny fainted and Ferdinand's horns got stuck inside the water tank. Both Ferdinand and Estrella looked at the bunny laying on the ground. The two ran towards it. Ferdinand did everything to wake the bunny up. When the bunny woke up it went back underground.

Ferdinand: Sorry I almost killed you.

Then the bunny threw a carrot at Ferdinand.

Ferdinand: Ow!

Estrella and Ferdinand turned around to see Valiente laughing at Ferdinand. Estrella glared at him, she couldn't believe that Valiente was being a jerk.

Lupe: You are not helping your reputation by apologizing to the bunny. But that push you did, you should use that.

Then they turned around to see Angus, demanding to know who pushed him. So Ferdinand walked over to him, and told Angus that he had pushed him.

Angus: Oh, I'm lost! Lost! Lost! Tomorrow El Primero is going to pick a bull, and I am here talking to a stupid tractor.

Estrella: You're just nervous Angus. Everything is going to be fine.

Estrella and Ferdinand tried to reassure Angus that everything was going to be fine. But Angus kept denying it. Then Ferdinand licked Angus's hair from his eyes. Little did they know is that it was start of something, that even bulls could be a part of.