Quiet

▻❂◅

"Y/n, come here!" You sighed and stood up from the comfort of your bed. You stretched your tired body before leaving your room to answer the call of your foster mother.

Your pace was slow as you made your way down the stairs. "Hurry up, I don't have all day." You decided to keep quiet. Better to dodge the probability of pissing your foster mother off.

Maybe you had already done it with the slow pace you set as you made your way downstairs.

Your face was blank as you made your way into the living room and stood beside the couch opposite where your mother was seated.

Your eyes wandered a bit, just now noticing there were 3 other people seated on the sofa to the right of the one you stood at.

You averted your gaze back to your mother who wore a sinister smile. "You just gonna stand there or what?" You looked at her a second longer before sitting down at the sofa you previously stood at, a quiet sigh leaving your lips.

It was deathly silent, your mother keeping her eyes on you while the other three people were looking god knows where. each of them had a mask adorning their face, but by the seated frames you could make out 2 being female and one being a male.

The silence never ceased, causing your nerves to start jumping as your right leg started to bounce. you looked over to your mother, choosing to break it. "yes?" it seemed like the corner of her lips tilted up even more, which seemed impossible as she motioned toward the figures. "you're leaving." a simple hum of acknowledgment left you as you nodded. "i sold you, so you won't be coming back here. everything in your room will be sent to where your new home is. goodbye." another hum, your eyes moving to the three figures that now stood. making their way towards you.

the male pulled out two sets of cuffs from the bag situated across his chest, as he moved them forward the women went to grab my hands. i don't like being touched. "chill. don't touch please." i raised both my wrists, allowing him to cuff me and letting out a breath when he and the women complied. he motioned down to my feet and i gave a nod of acknowledgment but didn't move to lift them.

"i need to be able to walk, and i know once those go on you're only choice is to carry me. i won't run, you don't have to put them on." it seemed like all three had a silent conversation before motioning for me to stand, i obliged.

the male was behind me, while both females were at my side as we exited the house. there was an all black, heavily tinted truck that i was led into. i sat in the middle of both women, while the man took the passenger seat. there was a driver that immediately started the car and pulled out.

my eyes wandered, observing everything i could. nothing was truly being processed, my mind wasn't pulling together the reality of what was happened so i needed to find something to hold onto before the crash of true realization hit me.

i looked towards the woman sitting to my right, "say?" her head turned towards me so i took that as a cue to go on. "do you have something i can play with?" there was a silence, one i took as an answer of no as i sat back in the seat and let my head fall back and my eyelids drop. i felt something drop into my lap, looking down and seeing it was a fidget cube made a small part of me relax as i started messing with it. i looked towards the woman, now seeing her mask gone and a smile being sent my way. "...thank you." she sent me a toothy smile, nodding before opening a small cabinet where a center console should be.