Chapter 3

May 6th, 2005:

"Let me guess, you don't have a plan to keep Mikey and Kisaki from meeting?" You asked your blonde friend.

"Well....aha....no."

You sighed.

"W-well kind of, actually! We just need to keep him busy. If I find a way to join Toman then-"

"Who wants to join Toman?"

Takemichi was cut off as the familiar faces of Mikey and Draken entered the room.

"Uh- I-!"

"Not so confident now, are we Takemichi?" You teased as he spun around to look at you and pointed to Mikey with a shocked expression.

"That's-!"

"Yes, yes, I know. Hey guys." You waved at them.

"Sup, (Y/N)," Draken came up and stood by your hospital bed, next to Takemichi, making him nervous. "Feeling better?"

"A lot better, thanks for bringing me here you two."

"What happened? You were fine one minute and then looked awful the next." Mikey spoke.

"Gee, thanks." You rolled your eyes. "I dunno what happened. The doctors said I'm fine now, so I'm sure it wasn't a big deal. I can leave when I get my tests back, which shouldn't be long."

"Hmm." Mikey thought for a moment before pointing at Takemichi. "And whose this?"

"Oh, I'm Takemichi Hanagaki. It's a pleasure." He said sweating a bit, reaching out his hand to shake Mikeys. He put it down awkwardly when he didn't receive the hand shake.

Mikey stared at him blankly for a moment before turning back to you. "Why is he here?"

"He's a friend from class, he's just checking on me so cut him some slack." You told him.

"Ah, another underclassman." Mikey turned back to Hanagaki with less malice than before. "You said you wanted to join Toman?"

"Y-yes!"

"Are you a good fighter?"

"W-well uh, I can't say that I-" 

"Takemichi is a terrible fighter." You stated, making everyone turn to you.

"(Y/N)!"

"Even so, I'd say he's stronger than most of Toman. Maybe even me. He never gives up even if it tortures him. Even if he's facing an opponent he will most definitely lose against, he will fight with everything he's got. We could use a guy like him."

Mikey's eyes widened as you said this.

"So, he's kind of like Shinichiro?" He asked quietly.

"Precisley."

He looked down for a minute, contemplating what you had said.

"He'll have to prove himself eventually, but for now I'll trust you (N/N). Welcome to Toman, Takemitchy."

"T-Takemitchy?!"

"Yup. You're my bitch now, so I get to give you a nickname!"

"W-WHAT?!"

"Woah there. You're a lucky man, Takemichi." You teased.

"Don't worry, you're still my #1, (N/N)." He smiled and turned back to confused boy. "But I was only joking. It's because we're friends now!"

"We're friends now?" He couldn't believe he was talking to the leader of the gang that kills Hina. He seemed so honest, would he really do something like that?