Part 9

YOUR POV:

I sat on the dugout bench holding by head in my hands with my legs curled up.

"Y/n" I heard as footsteps approached. I brought my head up slowly, revealing my red saddened face. It was Benny

"Can you just leave me alone right now" I said putting my head back down

He came and sat on the bench with me anyway. He put his arm around my shoulder to comfort me.

"I'm sorry for what just happened" He said

"It wasn't your fault" I said mumbled as my head was still in my arms "It's all my fault, you probably hate me"

"Hey" he said. He moved a piece of hair falling down my face behind my ear "I could never hate you, and it's not all your fault. It was all Phillips"

I finally brought my head up and turned it to Benny, he was looking at me with a soft small smile.

"I know that story Phillips told wasn't true" He said

"How do you know" I said

"Because I could just tell by how you reacted to it. And Scotty may have told me. Also because I know that was something you would never do"

I gave him a small smile

"So if that wasn't true, what is the real story?" He asked

"I've never told anyone about this except for Scotty" I said "But I feel comfortable telling you"

"If you don't want to talk about it, I don't mind. I know your not feeling the best right now" He said

"No, it's ok. You should know, I have to tell you sooner or later"

I took a deep breath "When he said that I used to live here 4 years ago, that part was true. The part of us being friends was also true, well I thought we were friends anyway. But the rest of story was pretty much flipped around to make me seem like the bad guy when it was him all along"

"Well I can believe that, its Phillips" Benny said

I continued "I moved there when I was 10 and we moved away a little after I turned 11. This is where my Dad was born and my grandparents live. So one day I went on a walk around the town and ran into a baseball field with a group of boys on it. I loved baseball because my dad has shoved into my brain my whole life, I'm pretty sure my first word was baseball"

Benny laughed and I smiled

"I also needed to make some friends, so I decided to go out there and play with them. Phillips was the first one to come out and talked to me, he was being really nice and he let me play with them so he put me in right field. Soon enough my little 10 year old heart started to like him, so I decided to tell him".

I took a deep breath because this was the part it got bad

"Its ok, you can tell me" Benny said his arm still around my shoulders

FLASHBACK ~

"Hey Phillips can I tell you something?" I asked

"Sure" He said

"Um I like you, I have for a bit now" I said blushing a bit

Phillips stared at me for what seemed like forever, than he started laughing.

"You like me?!" he said still laughing "We got her boys!"

"You think I would like a little bitch like you" he said "You look like a little rat and smell like one too!"