𝐈𝐕

"So, what should we do now that we're alone?"

Toji inched himself closer to Ma-I as they both laid on the bed they shared, with only a bare minimum of distance between them.
Ma-I's back was pressed against the head rest, her legs slightly folded as Toji hovered above her.
Why was he acting like this?

"Toji-san, w-what are you doing?" Ma-I put her hand on his chest, pushing him away ever so slightly. She felt the material of his shirt, and his warm chest almost pressing against hers.

Toji extended his arm to rest on the edge of the headboard and leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"What's wrong?"

His breath fanned over the valley of her neck and sent a shiver down her spine— she was flustered. Hard.
The weather was hot and humid, and their distance(if there was any) between each other was not helping at all.

"I-I don't know what to say, T-Toji-san," Ma-I barely uttered the words out her mouth; she was frozen in his presence and yet she felt so free and bewildered by his actions.
"W-What if my cousins walk in?" She breathed as Toji left a trail of kisses down her neck.

"Then let them see," he whispered lowly against her skin.
"You are my wife after all."

Ma-I's eyes widened at his choice of words— did he really just call her his wife?
And what was this feeling inside of her? Why did she feel butterflies in places she didn't even know existed?

"Wait, w-wife? You see me as— I thought we weren't allowed to do it until I was of a-age," she blinked, still enticed by his sudden moves.

"Do what, Ma-I?" He disconnected his lips from her skin to look at her, a smirk plastered on his face.
"I was only giving my wife kisses. Is that not allowed?"

"I-I meant— I t-thought we were going to—"
He pressed his lips to hers, the two erupting in a heated kiss of hurried love.

"Well, now that you brought that up—" he swiftly took off his shirt and connected their lips once again.

He whispered breathily against her trembling lips.

"Should we do it now?"

Ma-I woke up drenched and wet, sitting up with such fervour and speed that shook the bed. She looked around her room and found Ulan, Anna and Toji around her, a worried look on their faces.

So it was just a dream?

She touched her duster and moved her hair out of her face, squeezing the water out.
Ulan stood next to her, holding a bucket, head cocked to the side out of confusion.
'How is she not pissed?' He thought to himself.

Ma-I blinked and yawned aloud, bummed out by her dream.

"What time is it?"

Her cousins stood by the bed, confused and worried. She wasn't shouting nor was she angry too— what exactly happened in her sleep?

"Also, why am I wet?" Ma-I pointed to her clothes; "you guys are washing the comforter and blanket, by the way."

Anna snapped out of her thoughts and stepped forward.

"Toji called us in: apparently you were groaning and shaking in your sleep," Anna wrapped a towel around Ma-I.
"What were you dreaming about, bunso?"

Ma-I tensed up at the question, blushing so furiously hard that even a slight tingle of red was seen on her cheeks.

"I-It was nothing— really!" She shook her head violently and waved her arms.

Ulan raised his brow, determined to piss off his cousin this early in the morning.
"Oh, really?" He sat at the edge of the bed, still holding the bucket.

"Hmm, I wonder what could be so serious that the little baby Ma-I had to moan in her sleep..." Ulan pointed the tip of his finger to his cheek and made a thinking motion that came with a hum.

"I swear— wait, I wasn't moaning!" She looked towards Toji, who was leaning back against the desk, facing the bed.
"I wasn't moaning at all! That was— uh, it was a dream about..." she trailed off trying to think of a good excuse.

"It was about spirits! Yes! I dreamed about spirits and ghosts! That's why I was moaning like a ghost!" She said too loudly and enthusiastically.

Anna and Ulan looked at each other, unsatisfied with her answer.

"If you say so!"
"Whatever you say!"

The two cousins promptly exited the room, muttering a few words under their breath.
The door slammed behind Ulan and Anna, leaving Toji and Ma-I behind.

The room was filled with awkward silence, Ma-I avoiding the gaze of Toji, who did the same thing as well.

"Uh, I'll let you get changed. I'll go down to have breakfast." Toji spoke up, throwing yet another towel at her direction, hitting her face.

"Ow."

"Sorry." He chuckled on his way out.

What a great way to start the day. What the hell was i even dreaming about?

Ma-I screamed into her pillow.

What a great morning.

。・:*˚:✧。

"Ooh— I know! We can go to Calbayog and visit the arcade!" Ulan excitedly said as the four teens sat around table at breakfast, pondering on an activity to do.

"No, not a good idea—" Anna chimed in, chewing a mouthful of pandesal.
"Let's go to Malajog— the beach."

"What? Are you okay lang? That's boring! At least at the arcade we can—" Ulan was cut off by a smack to the head.

"Gago, you just want an excuse to look at all the girls in the city— wag ka nga!" Anna scolded.

"Guys, why don't we ask Toji what he wants to do?" Ma-I asked, and as if on cue, all of them looked towards his direction.

He looked up from his plate and hummed.

"Whatever you guys do for fun around here, I'm good with it."

Toji spoke calmly, with an aura of confidence and dominance.
Come to think of it, he was looking for their archives of the Malaya family in order to gather information on their family special move.

He had been training with the other three Malayas for five days now, and none of them had ever shown the legendary "blessed energy" style.
The Malayas, however, were extremely impressed with Toji Zenin's raw brute strength, the extreme sensitivity of his senses, and how perfectly he dodges every move.
Toji, overwhelmed by their praise, felt himself becoming more comfortable by the day— albeit it was only five days.

"Actually, I would like to see your archives. Your library, if I may."

Ma-I almost jumped up with surprise; 'does he like books as well?' She thought to herself.

"I can take you to the archives after we eat—only if you want," Ma-I offered.

"That'd be great. Thank you."

"Eh. Boring. But okay," Ulan shrugged and continued on with his meal.

"Show some respect, idiot," Anna smacked him in the head once again.

"NO YOU STOP THAT!" Ulan's loud whine was enough for the table to erupt in laughter, including Toji.