Vanessa

Stiles POV

I had been driving for hours and was beginning to get tired, there's only a few hours left I can make it.

Another few minutes and my eyes began to feel heavy I began to zone out, but was shaken awake by a familiar voice yelling in my head

WAKE UP STILES!

My eyes snapped open just in time for me to swerve back into my line saving myself from being hit by a truck in the next lane over.

What the hell was that?

I tried to focus but the voice was gonna like it was never even there, but I could've sworn I heard something wake me up and save me from becoming road kill.

My mind is probably playing ricks on me, I'm over tired thats all.

Deciding that I should probably stop somewhere for the night if I wanted to avoid crashing my poor jeep I pulled into a cheap looking motel a few meters up the road from where my car did a swerve worthy of figure skaters.

The motel was old and run down but it would do for the night, I parked the car and my way to the lobby to book a room for the night, I wasn't worried about not booking ahead it wasn't like people were lining up at the door to stay at a place like this.

The room was small and out dated but it was all I needed for the night, it kind of reminded me of that motel we stayed at for the cross country thing, Where Everyone tried to commit suicide, where Scott tried to commit suicide, Scott.

No! You can't think about them Stiles not if you want a decent nights sleep.

I looked over at the lumpy mattress and moth eaten sheets, well decent ish.

I flopped down on the uncomfortable mattress trying not to think about the pack because of I did I would cry my eyes out and not sleep a wink, Instead I thought about tomorrow when I would be seeing uncle Phil. Just the thought of seeing my favourite uncle made me grin, we were always close when I was younger he was the only one who was there for me when my mother died, well him and Melissa but his work with S.H.E.I.L.D dragged him away.

Yes I knew he was a S.H.E.I.L.D agent, I hacked into their database when I was a kid after I had seen uncle Phil hurriedly shoving a badge with the acronym in his bag. And me being tue brilliant and over curious kid that I am hacked their system finding out everything about the secret organisation even the Avengers initiative, their cyber security was pretty shit for a top secret high functioning government facility.

My uncle stopped visiting about 8 years ago around the time when he went to New Mexico for a 'business meeting' but I knew it was because of thor, I knew he left because he didn't want to put my father and I in danger, he wanted to keep us safe and away from the new supernatural occurrences popping up on S.H.E.I.L.D.S radar.

I almost laughed out loud, that worked out well.

It was about 5 minutes before I finally fell into a long, dreamless sleep the first one I'd had since before the whole supernatural Mumbo Jumbo and true assholes *cough* alphas, sorry.

———— morning ————-

Stiles knew something was wrong the minute he opened his eyes.

He had had a good sleep, he had no nightmares, and he felt good.

What the hell was going on? This is a trick isn't it? Yep it's a truck he's in a dream and any minute now something will emerge from the shadows with Allison or widens limp body in their arms and he'll have to scream himself awake.