Ever considered redecorating?

Phil POV

Fury paused the CCTV footage as one of the agents finally injected Stiles with the sedative and successfully knocked them out.

"Care to explain that agent Coulson?" The director challenged chucking the controls on the metal table beside him before turning to face the other man with his arms crossed firmly across his chest.

"He's the son of a sheriff and I taught him some stuff when he was younger, he wouldn't be completely defenceless" Phil stated still adamant on the fact that Stiles was innocent.

Fury scoffed and jabbed a finger at the screen

"That kid just took out 5 of the most highly trained agents in this facility, there's more to it than a little training from a small-town sheriff"

Phil didn't know how to respond to that so instead he decided to ask another question that had been nagging at the back of his mind for a while now

"What was that you injected him with?"

"A minor dose of Midazolam, just enough to get him here" Fury replied without missing a beat

"he's fine" he added seeing how his earlier response did nothing to soothe the tenseness in the other mans shoulders

"And the agents?"

"Physically? A few bruises and a dislocated shoulder, nothing serious, although their pride took a massive hit at getting their asses handed to them by a 17-year-old"

Phil pursed his lips "Is that why they pulled a fucking knife on him?" he asked his voice staying completely level which was somehow far more terrifying then if he were to yell.

Fury gulped.

"The idea of being beaten was so bad they thought it plausible to come at an unarmed kid with a knife!" he added, a deadly edge to his voice

"They warned him, if he had come quietly none of this would've happened in the first place" Fury pointed out hoping to get him to see reason, however his words only served to fuel the other mans anger further.

"Oh they warned him, well that makes me feel so much better"

"Tell me director, if 6 strangers cornered you in an alleyway and asked you to come quietly or face the consequences would you just go with them without putting up a fight?" Phil challenged, meeting Fury's eye with a gaze of fierce intensity.

Fury looked away "No"

Phil crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow at the man.

Fury sighed "Look Phil, I know he's your nephew but there's something shady going on here and I need to know what it is going on with that town so If there's a threat, we can eliminate it before its too late"

"Where is he?"

"Interrogation room 5, I promise you can see him once he's been questioned"

Phil contemplated this for a second before asking his next question

"Who are you sending in?"

"Agent Barton"

That made Phil relaxes a bit, Clint was a really good friend of his and he knew he could trust the archer to be reasonable and keep a open mind during the interrogation. At least Stiles was being interrogated by someone he trusts, and it didn't hurt that the man was also great with kids.