We need him, not the other way round

Clint POV

"Where should I start?"

"How about at the beginning" Clint suggested getting comfortable in his own seat, though he made sure to keep his tone flexible so Stiles knew he didn't have to divulge any information about his homelife/childhood that he wasn't comfortable with. He knew how difficult it could be to so much think but on a traumatic childhood, let alone talk about it with a complete stranger.

"Alright, let me take you back to when I was a kid"

Clint nodded

"I was always what most people would call a prodigy, quick to master almost everything within half the time most people would take, and a fearsome determination to master those I couldn't"

"Sounds harmless, but when paired with a curiosity as strong as mine it can be a dangerous thing"

"I started off small, hacking into school systems and doctor records"

Clint blinked rapidly, that was small? I failed at hacking into a burger king for free food and this kid is calling that small?!

...Maybe it was only recently?

"So when was this, two years ago?" he asked as he reached for the cup of coffee sitting beside him on the table

"8" Stiles corrected "I was 9"

Clint spat out his coffee "W-wha-a-t" he coughed

Stiles raised an amused eyebrow at the archer who was currently hacking up a lung

"I was 9" he repeated

Clint's eyes widened drastically, he was amazed.

We should be interviewing this kid to join S.H.E.I.L.D not interrogating him, his talents would be a massive asset for us, and with the implied circumstances of his childhood he's smart enough not to be fooled by people who just want to use him.

"You were nine?!" he exclaimed in awe

Stiles squirmed in his seat "Uh, yeah"

Clint grinned "Dude, that's fucking awesome! you could rival he best hackers in S.H.E.I.L.D!" he exclaimed in awe, wishing he could've done something like that when he was a kid. Certainly would've saved him a lot of trouble...and black eyes.

"Thanks" Stiles mumbled

Sensing the youngers discomfort with the attention he was receiving He decided to change the subject, No doubt it was connected to his father and Clint had no intention of making Stiles relive anything he'd rather forget.

"So how is it that you came to know so much about S.H.E.I.L.D?" the archer asked curiously

Stiles's eyes widened in what seemed to be fear at the mention of his uncle which greatly confused Clint, what reasons would the kid have to fear Phil? and why come to live with the man if he was scared of him?

The kid's reaction was especially alarming to Clint for he had barley seen so much as a slip in Stiles's poker face until now.

"It wasn't his fault! please don't let anything happen to Uncle Phil's job he did nothing to reveal you, it was all me" Stiles pleaded, taking the fall for his uncle.

Ah that made more sense. He wasn't afraid of his uncle, he was afraid for his uncle - more specifically of what would happen to his job because he knew too much about them. It melted Clints heart when he saw how much the kid cared for his uncle and it made him incredibly happy to know that even with an abusive father he still had someone like Phil that he could trust and who loved and protected him.