Chapter One

~ATTENTION! THIS STORY BEGIN DIRECTLY AFTER CLAUDIUS TEMPLESMITH ANNOUNCES THAT TWO TRIBUTES WILL BE ABLE TO WIN THE SEEVENTY-FORTH HUNGER GAMES! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!~

   I sat there in my tree, shaken. Peeta... what should I do?

   No, I can't go after him. Not after what I heard Cato say. Peeta is most likely on the brink of death- and besides that I haven't exactly played out the whole "Mad in Love" angle. Besides, Rue, how can I still trust- no, I can't think about Rue now. She woud want me to survive, and live on, even without her.

   So I'll do the only thing I can. I'llgo and hunt down Cato. Revenge, nice and sweet. Maybe I'll go after Clove, but he doesn' seem to be as enamoured with her as she is with him. Cato, then, he'll have to be the one who dies.

   I let my mind drift off to think of Peeta, all alone and cold. If there is a chancefor his survival, it's very slim. My chances of keeping him alive are even slimmer. My mind then suddenly hops to Thresh. What if he wants an ally? It's not likely, but if he is willing, I'd gladly take that opprtunity. Well, maybe I wouldn't. After all, he could just pick me out of these games in one second, flat.

   Back to my plan. If I sleep now, I can go on the hunt for Cato in the morning. No doubt I'll need my rest, Cato and Clove are probably hand in hand right now. Goodnight, Peeta...