PART 1; Chapter 1: How We Got Here

"Just go", Norman finally told his best friend after almost an hour of arguing, "I don't feel like talking to you anymore", Peets with a bowed head left his neighbor's house. As he was leaving, Booman tried to call him back but Norman didn't allow it, "why would you talk so rudely to him, this fight was almost entirely our fault" Booman was reprimanding her brother. "No, we wanted to help, but his stupid pride, his 'ideals' wouldn't let him see that", Norman told his sister. "But this isn't the way to go about it, "I know that too" Norman replied, "besides my main goal was to repair him, now more than ever is the time to get really serious, for desperate times call for desperate measures"

Norman and Peets have always been different people since the beginning, at first Norman took everything seriously, he never once thought about fun but Peets was the exact opposite, yes he was kinda sceptical  but he would always look for the fun side in anything he did. Then things changed, Norman became the fun seeking one but he went overboard with it and Peets became a little bit more serious with his life, well, not as everyone would interpret it. The besties were always fighting and disagreeing about one thing or the other, if not for Beets and Booman the story of those two would have ended a long time ago.

Like this one time when they got in a fight because Norman didn't inform Peets when he got a cat, as stupid as the reason sounds, it was enough to separate the pair for weeks before Beets eventually slapped the extent of their stupidity into their heads. Most of the time they actually argued but other times, they loved seeing the desperate attempt of Beets and Booman to getting things resolved between them. Hooman on the other hand never once interfered, she would always say, "Friends are temporary but besties are for life." She just believed that things would work out between the pair everytime, whether anyone interfered or not.

The biggest fight the pair every got into was one that spanned months and was about four year in the making and  unlike all the other fight, it took interference of Hooman to bring them back together. Just that in this case, things were a little bit different. The groundwork for this fight began when Peets and Norman had a conversation about love, Norman promised his bestie that he would make him fall in love someday. Norman since from the start wanted to fix Peets, on the outside, Peets appeared to be a normal chill guy but he was superstitious, skeptical, apathetical, sociopathic and a little pessimistic on the inside. Norman really wanted him to let loose again, he wanted to let others see him in his base form. Peets would always filter his personality over and over and over again, pertaining to the person he was interacting with, sometimes he changes who he is entirely, well, most times this was the case.

The ground work for the fallout was being set with every single argument they had. Norman just wanted to show Peets that if he looked at things from a new perspective he would be free from himself, to Norman, Peets was his own worst enemy. While Peets was out to show Norman that changing a person requires motivation, something needs to spark that change, without it, the change would be incomplete. As things progressed, it turned into a competition at some point, then, it became a deal. "Show me the motivation I need to change, then I will", Peets stated and Norman agreed.

Norman found out that love was the only motivation his bestie would accept, so he did what he had to and the finally rocks for the stage for a great fight was set. Peets kept a diary, no one knew about it, in it he wrote about everything, one fateful day, Peets left it in his backpack, which he left in the Karps home. Booman carelessly when through his bag and found the diary, as usual she took it to Norman and they began reading it together. Nothing they saw in it was something they didn't already know but one page stood out, it was about the incident of 'the girlfriend fiasco', Peets clearly stated that he would never forgive Norman nor Booman for what they forced him to do.

Norman was enraged, not because of what he wrote but because the situation was not his fault, that's what he thought. He confronted Peets with it and he became angry not because he  thought the situation was Norman's fault but because he read his diary. So they were angry not for opposing reason but two different reasons, while one was trying to explain his point, the other disregarded those points and tried to explain his point. What the other person said was irrelevant because that wasn't their concern. Slowly it escalated and they began to talk about the same topic. This happened when Norman in a feat of rage told Peets that he knew all along that Peets loved his then girlfriend, hell, he planned the whole thing.

Peets was so surprised, "You watched me sink into the ground and you were the one who peeled me off the ground and you didn't tell me not even once that you knew?", Peets was genuinely angry. "Well, if you swallowed your big pride and admitted you were wrong then I would have told you" Norman tried to defend himself. "You think the reason I didn't tell you was my pride?, You never showed me you consented to the relationship and you told me yourself, she clearly wasn't into me so it was a waste of time", Peets began to explain, "Yes, I didn't want to admit I was wrong and lose the bet but you influenced my decision more than my pride did." Norman thought he was lying and in  an instance he went outside, where there was an open fire and he burnt Peets diary. Peets got more upset and told him he wish Norman would die immediately and not make it to his terminal time. Norman then said that he wished he never existed in his life. Then Peets replied by saying, "I would choose absolutely anybody over you any day"

After Peets left, the besties didn't see each other for about five months, but they eventually started talking again after about two months because of the death of Mr Karp and one of his daughters, Hooman. They resolved things themselves and the almost ending bestie relationship was rekindled.

Thanks for reading.
Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Follow me on Instagram
@ twinky's_collection