Chapter 16: Norman is Alive

"I don't believe you" Peets said to Norman, "I swear I'm not making this up, it happened" Norman said defending himself. "Okay, start over and go slow this time" Peets suggested. "Like I said before, I met a man in Cape, his name is Dack, he said he was a colleague of your parents from GLOBAPOL" Norman paused. "Look, I've been to GLOBAPOL. It's like a global police force, profiling and bursting international criminals. That's all" Peets said. "He said that the GLOBAPOL the world knows is a cover for an agency that deals with threats on a global scale that never makes it to the news" Norman stated. "And your dad is their most wanted" Peets asked. "Yes, my dad is planning to stage Hooman's death, then his then mine. They don't know what will happen to my mom and Booman" Norman said. "Do you believe this?" Peets asked him. "Yes, I do. If my dad is a bad person then I have to stop him". Norman said. " Then die" Peets said with conviction "If you survive by any means, I will definitely find you" Peets assured him.

"Time to keep my promise" Peets said as Emma's group made their way to the lost bunker. Not to their surprise a group of IFOs were already situated at the entrance led by Till. "This is where you meet your end" Till said. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Can we battle now" Emma said as she commanded her group to engaged. "What are those machines?" Till asked while he was engaging in battle with Emma, "Those are Jewels, they were made from the IFO parts we salvaged from the warehouse" Emma said still engaging in battle. "Emma, can you give me a hand, I've overridden the security systems. All we need to get in is a little push on the door" Peets screamed from the entrance of the bunker. "Pendant, fire at Till." Emma commanded. As Till was trying to dodge the bullets by maneuvering in the sky with his jet pack, Emma appeared behind him in a flash and landed a heavy blow on him. "Gauntlet, power output: 12%. Crimson punch" Emma screamed out. "You name your attacks?" Peets asked. "Yes I do, make it dramatic" she said with a wide grin on her face. She then gave the door the little push it needed and the agents gained access into the lost bunker. "Brandt, you're in charge. Keep them occupied. Simms, you're with me." Emma directed her team.

While inside, everywhere seemed to be void of any activity, "I doubt Zakar is home" Peets said. Emma released a drone that mapped out the whole bunker. "Spread out and search the whole area, stay on comms" Emma commanded. About forty five minutes later Simms found the control room and communicated to Emma, "I'll be right there" Emma said. At the same time Peets found a locked door, he hacked into the system and opened the door. Inside he found cells holding hundreds of people, he kept on walking aiming to reach the end of the room. He then saw a familiar face, "Booman, is that you?" He asked. "Peets, you shouldn't be here" Booman answered. "Don't worry, are the rest here?" He asked. "Yes, they're further down" she answered. Peets then opened all the cells freeing everyone. While in the control room, Emma had just arrived. She was going through the systems to gain information when a count down started. "Peets, I need you at my location right now" she said through her comma. "I just freed some prisoners, I'll be right there" he answered. "Booman do you know where the control room is?" Peets asked. "Yes I do" she answered. "Stay and bring the others there when you see them, also direct everyone to the exits. We have aircrafts waiting there" Peets said as he ran towards the control room. When he got there Emma asked him to download the contents of the whole server before the timer runs out, "we have seven minutes" she said. "Emma come in, a group managed to get past us" Brandt communicated to Emma. She proceeded to the entrance to neutralize the intruders.

"Peets, I knew I could trust you" Norman said as he and the rest entered the control room. " Hey Norman, Beets, Booman, Hooman" he then paused to get a better look at the last person with them. "Anna?" He said emotional. "I have a lot to apologize for, I have to tell you a lot also." "Can you postpone this sentimental crap and inform us what's going on, why is there a loud count down?" Anna said interrupting Peets. "That's the self destruct timer" Norman pointed out. At this moment Emma came back into the room, "Emma?" Anna said shocked. "Oh my God, you're so much bigger now. You still have that little cute face" Anna said as she approached Emma. "Do I know you?" Emma asked. "That's Anna" Peets said. "I thought you wanted us to skip the sentiments" Peets said. "Are you done?" Emma asked Peets. "Eighty seven seconds left" Peets answered. "That gives us a twenty second window before this place goes kaboom" Beets pointed out. "You guys go, I'll be right behind you" Peets said. Everyone started running towards the exit except Norman, "Don't you dare try anything stupid, I'll be waiting for you" he said as he also left.

"Emma, we have a problem" Amara alerted Emma from the carrier "All the other groups walked into an ambush" Amara said. "Yeah, we all knew we were walking into one" Emma said uninterestedly. "The difference is yours partly survived and all the other groups have been wiped out" Amara said. "Even the ones sent to protect your mother, they communicated that they were under attack, not a minutes later they all went silent. I need you to go check it out" Amara reported. "On my way, ma'am" Emma said. "Where is Peets, we have twenty two seconds left." Anna stated. "We won't make it to the exit in time" Norman said. Immediately Emma stopped and punched the wall hard with her gauntlet. "Then we'll make our own exit" she said. "Pendant!" She called out. "Get on everyone, come on Peets" she said concerned. "I'm going back for him" Emma said as she began to run back. "Wait Emma, its too dangerous" Anna called out. "Peets, Peets" Emma screamed, "I'm right here, we need to hurry" he said as they both started running back to where pendant was. "Amara informed me that the group sent to our home is not responding over comms, she wants us to check it out" Emma informed Peets. Let's drop these guy on the carrier and head over there" Peets said. Peets and Emma barely made it to pendant's location before the bunker began to explode. Before the explosion reach them they managed to get to the hole Emma punched in the wall and without looking, jumped out of the bunker. As they were falling pendant came to their rescue. "Pendants head to the carrier, full speed" Emma commanded. As they made away, the bunker exploded and crashed down into GLOBAPOL HQ.

Not long after, the group arrived at the carrier, Emma and Peets dropped off the others, "let me come with you" Anna suggested. "You guys will definitely need her crazy strength" Norman stated. "Don't worry, we can handle it. We'll be back" Peets said and off they went. They arrived at their home and bodies were lying at the entrance. They proceeded inside and they found their mother's body lying in as pool of blood. "Mom!" Emma screamed as she went over to her mother's body. Peets decided to check the the security cameras and he was shocked. "This can't be right" he said a little frightened. "What that?" Emma asked. "Its Zakar, Mr Covis, my dad and a woman. As mom saw them she froze then dad put a bullet in her chest." He said. "She's still breathing" Emma said. "Go, Emma. They can't have gotten too far, they can't have that processor" Peets said. "Alright, I'm going" Emma said as she exited the resident.

Thank you for reading
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.