chapter |1|: A light just popped

Under the dark blue sky of one of December's freezing nights,..

Under a bunch of snowflakes that gently fell to embrace the ground,..

footprints were to be found on this white shining surface, next to it were printed traces of mini wheels.. Which belonged to a teenager with his medium sized grey suitcase.

Walking slowly -not out of caution, but with a heavy heart- into the dark on this abandoned road leaving the faint light of his village behind him, unsure of the decision he made out of the blue..

While breathing heavily because of drowning in his ocean of thoughts he finally arrives to the only building in this area, a bus station that's garnished with a huge amount of snow on its rooftop.

For a second anyone would consider this place a frozen desert but what infirms this possibility is the presence of trees all around the station, without forgetting to mention the forest appearing next to the mountains in the horizon.

He stood still for a while, looking ahead,  trying to figure out what exactly had brought him to this place. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, a very cold and deep one. He already couldn't feel his face, and soon he wouldn't be able to feel his heart, so he thought.. 

He smiled jokingly with his head held high, and muttered while he's still searching for an obvious reason for what brought him in such a situation: " oh god, what kind of madness am i trying to do right now?".

He continued his way to the bus station, both his body and thoughts were in need of a break so he headed directly to the seats.

As soon as he got closer to it, longing to give his bones a rest, he froze up and looked surprised. He looked around, to check out his surroundings, then he returned his gaze to the station seat where a little girl was sitting there alone in such a place!.. and time! 

She seemed to be in elementary school, she had pretty long silver hair styled into two lovely side-braids with blue eyes as clear as emerald, holding on her lap a small backpack, hanging on its zipper a dreamcatcher that was garnished with some coral.

He couldn't help but to feel suspicious to the point that he didn't even dare to think of taking a step forward, but it's worth saying that he didn't feel intimidated by it; especially that she hides half of her facial features with a scarf!

 The little girl gently patted on the surface of the seat near her as soon as she noticed his presence, he sent a side glance at her as he felt her movement and saw her pointing at him to sit down, but he did not pay any attention to her and remained standing in his place leaning on his suitcase under the white light coming from the lamppost next to him.

After a while of standing in the bus station, he took his watch from his pocket and checked the time. It was midnight and yet there was no bus spotted in the area..

He began walking back and forth between the extremities of the station, watching the directions sometimes and other times throwing a peek at the girl.

 He was hoping for an oncoming light, the arrival of the bus. To be able to leave this place and also move to a warmer one, blowing into his hands is of no use, because even his breaths had become cold too.

After a while, he checked the time again, 2:08 am, no lights coming, no bus arriving, no sounds of life in the place.. But he's not alone in such a deserted zone, the only thing that makes him feel comfortable... a little bit.

The pain in his feet got him and the freezing weather was the final touch, he walked for a long distance and then he found himself standing to wait for the bus, just because he found it fishy to find a little girl in this station at this time of the night.