chapter |5|: an interaction with the light

He started to wake up, after having a long and comfortable sleep, he felt as if he was sleeping on the softest bed that could ever exist in this world so he passed his hand on it to feel it more...

'is this my favorite blanket?! Was I dreaming this whole time?!'

He thought to himself as he kept feeling that bed he's been sleeping on and purred as if he was a cat that just woke up from its nape..

'I really must have been dreaming.. Wow what a weird dream.. My grandmother was right after all'

He kept thinking before opening his eyes, feeling relieved that all of this mess was just a dream so he finally decided to open his eyes and leave his place, and there was the shock!

The place he was looking at didn't look anything like his own room! It was all made of wood and the blanket he slept on didn't have the same color as his favorite one, it was white! Pure white like clouds on a spring day..

He found this extremely strange.. At first he thought that it was just a dream, he was freezing before losing consciousness but now he's all fine, nothing was frozen and his clothes were all dry, yes he's not in his room and the girl isn't around..

He stood up to start a serious investigation to know what exactly happened to him and there was another shock waiting for him..

The so-called "blanket" wasn't an actual blanket, nor the softest bed was a real one too..

It.. was a polar bear! He slept on a polar bear!

He.. Freaked out!

"a...a...b..be..bear!"

He screamed his heart out and immediately ran to the door, he opened it and headed out without even thinking of looking back..

As he was running for his life, the little girl showed up when she suddenly heard him screaming. She was in that cottage's kitchen searching for some food, she found some canned food, checked its expiration date and hid the unexpired cans in her backpack before he started screaming..

When she arrived to where he was sleeping he was already out far away from the house, she smirked sarcastically and turned to where the bear was sleeping, bowed to it while holding both of her hands close to her as a way to express her gratefulness then she waved goodbye to it before leaving to catch up with that coward..

.

.

.

Actually, she was the one who made things go that way.. When she woke up on the sofa where he left her, she found him on the ground half dead, as blue as a corpse..

She got scared, scared of the fact that he might never wake up if he stayed in this ultra cold weather, so she cried, and her burning tears fell on his cheeks which made him wake up for a moment but it didn't last much, so she got even more worried.. But then she heard creaks coming from the door, she thought someone might have come here so she went to ask help, instead she found a polar bear coming in.. It was a pregnant female, she approached it and caressed its head for a long time as if she was trying to put some sort of ideas in its head..

At some point the bear laid down and the girl went back to where he fainted, she grabbed his feet and pulled him until she arrived at the bear's place again, and she somehow managed to put him on the laying bear..

Of course she had troubles pulling him and adjusting him on the polar bear but she couldn't give up and let him die that easily, especially not after he helped her and saved her from her biggest fears which was drowning to her death..