chapter |2|: the light's source

As soon as I reached the top of the hill overlooking the village in which I live, I stopped and rested my bag nearby, tiredly I sighed so a large transparent cloud appeared near my mouth, then quickly dissipated due to the light wind that pushed it away..

I put my hands in my coat's pockets while thinking of what to say to them, my parents, how am I going to explain why I wasn't home last night? Where I really was and what is the reason that made me go to that place?

S*it! Why did I get myself into such a predicament that I can't even get myself out of it? I don't even want to deal with it, because getting myself out of it is so far-fetched not to say impossible.

I decided to think of an excuse for my absence on what was left from my way to the house, so I just took my suitcase and started walking again.. With the same rhythm by the same feet that brought me to this place instead of the wings that I wished to have..to escape away from this world.

In the middle of one of my repeated, similar steps that I made, I stopped abruptly as soon as I felt something grabbing me from my little finger, so i casted my gaze towards it to see what was wrong.. And there I found a red thread wrapped around it!

It was a red thread, a glowing red thread that was wrapped around my pinkie.. I raised my hand to my face to take a closer look at it. I admired its beautiful color for a second. In fact, it seemed like a magical thing coming from the fairytales I read when I was young.

I tried to grab it but I just couldn't! At this specific moment I felt my heart skipping a beat..

-"What the f**k is this?! And what the hell is happening to me here and now?!", I raised my eyebrows surprised by this thing,

I traced its path to figure out where it comes from but this made me even more confused.. It's origin wasn't clear to me, I wasn't able to figure it out because it just continued with the horizon..

I strongly shook my hand to get rid of it but it didn't help much. I can't touch it, I can't take it off, I can't get rid of it, so the only solution is to complete the road with it, quickly.. I have to get home.. Quickly.. before the thing that ties me to this thread gets to me. That's all I could think of.

What's happening to me now brings an old memory, a very bad one to be clear, of the time when I was just a kid alone at home, and felt that i'm being followed by a monster who wanted to eat me.. So I hid in the closet out of fear, trembling between my parents' clothes trying to feel their presence by inhaling the scent of their clothes to feel safe..

When some minutes passed without any trace of the monster I felt a bit relieved so I decided to get out of the closet but my hand got stuck. No matter how much I tried to free it I failed, it made me think that the monster got me! So I trembled even more and thought it was the end of my life and I'm going to die alone without seeing my parents for the last time, i'll just die alone.. in the dark, and the monster will take me far away and eat me, i started trembling again but this time my trembling went stronger and faster, i couldn't breathe properly neither could think of a way to escape so my situation got worse and I fainted out of fear..

Later on, my parents came home and found me unaware on the ground. Mother woke me up and I saw father cutting something with his scissors and miraculously I was freed from the evil monster!

The exact same thing from before is happening to me now, with the same vibe and the same feelings. It summoned my fears again, it made me tremble, my heart rate started to increase, the heat in my chest made me feel suffocated and sweat appeared on my forehead even if the weather was very cold here. .

I'm in danger, I feel it, someone is behind me, my God, what sin have I committed?

Does Satan want to drag me with him to the underworld?