▶ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔬

★ 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔫𝔬𝔫𝔶𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔰 ★

───━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━───

IT WAS THE START of summer holidays in 1991 when Leahna Potter was finally allowed out of her cupboard again. The escape of the Brazilian boa constrictor had earned Leah her longest-ever punishment.

The girl had been locked inside her cupboard ever since her cousin's birthday, only permitted to leave to go to the bathroom. Nonetheless, it had not been as bad as Leah had been expecting, rather, it was fairly enlightening.

Leahna Potter, after spending nearly five weeks locked up in her cupboard, finished reading her second-hand book of 'A Tale of Two Cities'. It was a brilliant book in her opinion, she quite enjoyed it. But that was not all that had transpired during the span of her confinement in the cupboard under the stairs.

Leah's dreams of the night of her parents' death were becoming more and more frequent as the days went by. Some nights, she would abruptly wake up, drenched in sweat, others, she would unconsciously thrash in her sleep while dreaming about that peculiar green light and those startling red eyes.

Her dreams had gotten to the point where her Aunt and Uncle would wake her up in the middle of the night, inquiring why on earth she was screaming her lungs out. And oddly enough, Leah was always unable to recall what half of those dreams -- or well, nightmares -- were about. She would just recollect a flash of green accompanied by an intense pain in her skull.

All in all, her time in the cupboard had not made her want to end the Dursleys pitiful existence.

If there was one thing Leah was grateful about it had to be the fact that school was over and done with. And even though Leah had been sufficiently fortunate so as to get away from the ninth-year girls, the same could not be said about her being free from Dudley's gang of obnoxious dummies who made it their life's mission to annoy her very being.

Piers, Dennis, Malcolm, and Gordon stopped by the Dursleys' house each and every day. Among their entire group Dudley was unmistakably the biggest and stupidest, after all, he was the leader, and according to Uncle Vernon what was one if not the best in all possible ways --or well in Dudley's case, in size and non-existent brain. The rest of them were more than glad to accompany Dudley in his favourite pass-time hobby, Leah Hunting.

Leah Hunting was a game invented by none other than Dudley Dursley. The rules were fairly simple actually; begin with a game of hide-n-seek, and the one to find Leah Potter first would get the high honour of pushing her down the stairs. If the same person won the following round, then they would get the opportunity to push the brunette down a flight of stairs twice. This privilege would apply as long as the same person caught Leah, but if they lost even one round -- in turn, ending their streak -- the special privilege of pushing Leah as many times as they found her would be dissolved. This process was to be repeated till six p.m. so Dudley would not miss his beloved television show.