▶ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯

★ 𝔄 ℜ𝔢𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫 𝔗𝔢𝔫 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔏𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔯 ★

───━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━───

THE SHINING LIGHT of the morning sun was what woke Leahna Potter from her deep slumber. Stretching her hands above her head, the little brunette sat up and looked around.

The bed next to hers was occupied by none other than her big, hairy friend, Rubeus Hagrid. It was sagged under the half-giant's weight as he slept curled up into a huge ball. Seeing Rubeus's snoring form, Leah couldn't help but let a small grin spread across her face.

The Potter-girl thought Hagrid resembled a puppy --a rather large, bearded puppy.

Allowing her emerald gaze to take in the small room that Rubeus had somehow managed to get them with just a swish of his pink umbrella was all Leah needed to laugh out of pure joy.

Leahna Potter was no longer with the Dursleys. Leahna Potter was no longer with the Dursleys because she was free --she was free of bullies, free of being neglected, free because of one Rubeus Hagrid.

It was a strange thought indeed. Leah supposed not many people could say that a giant man had come and magically changed their life by, quite literally, a whirl of an umbrella.

As Leah sat on the fluffy blanket on her bed, she took her time to process her findings from the night before.

Magic.

Leah was magic.

The whole concept of magic being real -- of witches and wizards on broomsticks, and stirring cauldrons being real -- felt surreal. The feeling of belonging somewhere felt alien to Leah. Sure, Ruby had told her she was a witch, but that did not make Leah feel any less that this entire fiasco was either a mistake or simply a brilliant dream her wild imagination had conjured up.

The prospect of magic being real --more importantly the prospect of her being magical, being a witch in the truest sense of the world seemed too far-fetched. Leah was confident that at some point she would wake up in her dark cupboard to Aunt Petunia's shouts, ordering her to make eggs.

Hagrid's grunt made Leah swirl her head to the right. The black-eyed man was sitting on a bed, too tiny for him, and upon catching the newly turned eleven year old's eyes, Rubeus Hagrid beamed through his sleepy daze.

"Hello Anna!" Rubeus exclaimed cheerfully, "How yeh feelin' this fine mornin', huh?"

"Undoubtedly brilliant Ruby. How about yourself?" The nervousness and hesitation in her tone did not go unnoticed by Hagrid.