Chapter 01~Prologue-Pt.2

A/N: Sorry for the late chapter, some dumbass (aka, me), had misplaced their storyline and had to completely make up a new chapter guideline and they also got writer's block, had a shit ton of school, and love to procrastinate :)  Thankfully it is summer, so maybe they will get off their lazy ass and do some writing because it's not like they have any plans anyway. (Yes. I don't even have friends. Deal with it :) ((No but really, my best friend doesn't even live in my country and is probably bored of me :/)). This chapter will also be significantly shorter than the last one as it is kinda a filler chapter. Also, they're rlly bored so if you wanna ask them some questions go ahead, they'll answer any.  Additional also, this is a safe space for any LGBTQ+ individuals and if I see any discrimination of any sport, you will be removed :). Going with the LGBTQ+ stuff, if you ever need to spill your mind or just someone to talk to, I'm always willing to listen (Feel free to dm me) I know how hard it can be sometimes with not being accepted for who you are, may it be your gender identity or sexual/romantic preference, I'm always willing to lend an ear! I love you all so so much! Make sure to eat and drink today if you haven't already! You deserve it!

8-year-old Izuku stared at his father's drunken figure, his nose scrunching in disgust. Ever since he stopped using his pyrokinesis, his father had taken up drinking and gambling away all their money. Hisashi still trained Izuku, but he had given up after coming to terms that his son was not going to use his full quirk. His father swayed to the living room couch, practically tripping into it; loud snores could be heard only moments later. Izuku stood motionless for a moment before grabbing a shabby blanket and tossing it over his father. "Why don't you leave already." Izuku scowled at the sleeping man, "Mama already has to work so much just to keep your lazy ass alive." He thought of his hardworking mother who was barely home, she had picked up two more jobs on top of her original job just to keep the family alive. 'So much for being the number three hero.' Izuku rolled his eyes, walking to the kitchen. He had started learning how to cook a year ago, figuring that it would be an important skill to have. After his mother had picked up more jobs, she relied on Izuku a bit more to cook for the family when she wasn't available. He glanced towards the clock, 'It's 6:17... Mama should be home soon...' Izuku thought to himself. A loud snore from the other room directed his attention back to task. He rummaged through the fridge, looking at the ingredients the small family had left. "I need to go grocery shopping soon..." Izuku mumbled to himself, getting groceries was another task Izuku had picked up after his mother started working more. He placed the ingredients onto the counter and hopped up using a small stool, he carefully started cutting the vegetables and meats, preparing to cook them. While he waited for the food to be ready, he climbed onto the counter and grabbed out the rice cooker, placing it gently on the counter. He grabbed the almost empty bag of rice and poured some in, rinsing the rice before he cooked it; mentally adding it to his grocery list. He watched as the rice steamed, eventually zoning out to look at nothing.

            Only a few minutes later did he hear the soft click of their front door, signifying that his mother was finally home. "I'm back." Inko's soft voice called out, "Welcome home." Izuku returned in the same soft tone. He could tell his mother was tired from the way she shuffled on the wooden floor; her steps sounded as if they were practically being dragged. "Dinner is almost ready; I can wake you up if you want to take a quick rest," Izuku suggested. Inko looked at her son graciously, a small 'thank you was muttered before she stalked to her bedroom. 

            Izuku turned around, now facing the food; he took the now cooked food off the stove, cutting off the heat as he did so. He could hear faint movements coming from their living room as Hisashi woke up. Izuku quietly placed their dinner onto plates, bringing them to the table along with cutlery. He quickly set the table and lightly treaded to his mother's room, opening the door just enough to slip his small figure inside. Izuku gently shook Inko's shoulder, "Mama. Time to eat now." He told her in a hushed tone. His mother thanked him and sat up on her bed, brushing the wrinkles out of the sheets, she followed her son out of the bedroom and into the dining room. The small family sat around the table in silence, the only sounds were the clinking of the utensils against the porcelain plates. Hisashi broke the silence, "My brother's family are coming over tomorrow. This place better be spotless." He ordered before standing up and leaving. Izuku heard his mother sigh, "Mama? What's wrong?" He asked her. "Ah!" She stuttered, not realizing her son had heard her, "It's nothing baby. Don't worry your cute little head over it. Ok?" She smiled at him and ruffled his curly mop of hair, he returned the smile. "Mama..." He hesitated, "Do you have to go to work tomorrow...?" He wrung his fingers together nervously, a habit he picked up from his mother. "I'm sorry Izuku..." Inko apologized, she hated not being there for her son and leaving him to deal with her alcoholic husband. At times she regretted ever marrying the man but then she remembered that without him, she wouldn't have Izuku and that was most important. "I'll see if I can get some free time, then we can go get ice cream!" She suggested. Izuku perked up at her offer, "B-but..." He looked down at his plate again, "I don't want to be a bother..." He mumbled. Inko's heart clenched; this eight-year-old boy feels guilty for wanting to be with his mother. How sickening. "You're not a bother sweetie. Why would you ever think that?" She playfully ruffled his hair making him break out in quiet giggles. "It's just you're always working..." He sighed, "But I know that it is for a good reason!" He quickly added as he smiled at his mother. Pride and sadness over-flowed Inko's chest, her little boy was so caring and always wanted the best for people, even if it meant putting their happiness before his own.

The two finished eating their meal in a comfortable silence; enjoying each other's company even if it was only for a moment. "Oh! Right! Before I forget, I got you something!" Inko perked up, before speed-walking down the hall to grab something. "I remember you telling me about how the math problems you do are too easy, so I got you this!" She said excitedly, showing Izuku the math textbook he had his eye on for a while. Normal kids Izuku's age would be mad at their parents for getting them this gift, but Izuku on the other hand? He was overjoyed. His mouth gaped open as he flipped through the pages, looking at all the equations. Inko was nervous, 'Does he not like it?' She thought worriedly to herself, all her worries melted away when Izuku looked up at her. "Thank you so much, mama!" He said with stars in his eyes, "I'm going to finish it all today!" He cheered. Inko smiled at her son's enthusiasm; only Izuku would be able to be happy over math problems. He quickly jumped out of his seat, lightly placing his new math book on the table as if it were the most precious thing in his life. He turned to his mother and gave her the biggest hug his tiny frame could muster. Inko smiled and returned the gesture, smiling softly as she did so before disappearing into her bedroom for a much-needed rest. Izuku picked up the dishes and put them in the sink where he washed and dried them; humming a small melody to himself, another habit he had picked up from his mother.  He stacked the plates up in the cabinet, doing the same with the bowls.

"Stop with that insistent humming before I hit you and get to cleaning." Hisashi sternly threatened, Izuku's humming immediately ceased, knowing that it wasn't an empty threat. He quickly started scrubbing the kitchen clean, cleaning from the top of the room to the bottom. After he was done, he moved into the living room where he dusted, vacuumed, and fluffed the couch pillows. Izuku had never met his father's side of the family and had only heard little bits and pieces about them from his parents' conversations; from what he picked up his uncle had three kids, two older and one the same age. Izuku also knew that his uncle, Endeavor, was the number two hero, right under All Might and he had a fire quirk much to Izuku's dismay.

Endeavor wasn't a particularly liked hero by Izuku due to his ignorant nature and ever-so-growing citizen casualty rate, but Izuku knew better than to be less than kind when they first met. Izuku glanced around the two rooms; checking if he had missed any dirty spots. After confirming he hadn't, he tip-toed down the hall as to not awaken his sleeping mother and to not disturb his monster of a father. He slid his small body into the pockets of sheets on his bed and closed his eyes, letting darkness wash over him.