Chapter 05~Prologue-Pt.6

A/N: Y'all i'm gonna cry bc of ur comments :'D you guys are so nice T^T. Once again, i'm really sorry for my late updates, i'm trying really hard to juggle all of my schooling and homework. I'll try and get the next chapter out as soon as possible. Don't forget to eat or drink something, you deserve it :] <3

☾* ✲⋆. The Next Morning . ⋆ ✲* ☾

A knock on the door woke Izuku up from his slumber. Drowsiness and confusion flooded his senses, he closed his eyes again, curling up into a ball, assuming the person would go away. Another knock resonated through the house, this one harder. Groggily, Izuku sat up, rubbing the rheum from his eyes. He looked towards the clock in the wall, 9:43 a.m. Izuku groaned and shuffled over to the door, peeking out of the window; there was a man standing there, seemingly impatiently judging by the way he kept tapping his foot against the ground, knocking every few seconds. He slowly unlocked the door and swung it open, slightly startling the man who was waiting, hand still raised in the air.

"Finally, I've been waiting forever." The man said with a gruff voice, lowering his fist.

Izuku stared at him, confusion written clear on his face. "Hi?" He said after a moment of silence, "Who are you?"

The man scoffed, running a hand through his dishevelled hair. "Children..." He muttered under his breath. "Kitagawa Kise."

Izuku was silent, observing the man.

"Well? Are you going to say something?" Kitagawa snarled. "God why me." He mumbled. "I'm here to do a wellness check on you, but clearly, you're fine. Goodbye." He said as he left the front porch.

Izuku stood there confused, 'Wellness check? Why would I need a wellness check?' He thought. He glanced outside the window one last time before walking back to the kitchen. 'Weird.' was the only thought on his mind. Izuku simply rolled his eyes and locked the door again, watching as the man walked down the steps of his porch and onto his driveway. 'Jeez? Is that really a grown man working for the PD? No wonder they're shit at their jobs.' Izuku scoffed at himself, he never really liked the police all that much. There was one detective he liked though, Tsukauchi Naomasa. They had only met a couple of times, but those moments were enough for Izuku to gain respect for him. Izuku merely appreciated how dedicated he was to his job, Tsukauchi was a simple man who wanted the world to be a safer place. A man who wasn't concerned for the amount of publicity he would get.

--------------------------

Eraserhead wasn't pleased when he found out he would be in charge of conducting daily wellness checks on some house. From what he knew, the previous officer in charge of the visits requested to be transferred to another job claiming that he "wouldn't check on a kid with a bad attitude." and that "the kid seemed fine enough." Eraserhead didn't have the greatest relationship with the police force. With him being an underground pro hero, he likes to focus on saving people rather than having a well known and respected reputation. The only reason he had agreed to help was because of his lifelong friend, Tsukachi Naomasa, who coincidentally was the detective of the police force. The two had been friends since the first year of middle school, after they had been assigned seats together. They quickly established a bond and since then, an unbreakable friendship had been formed. Occasionally, Tsukachi would request Eraserhead's aide on troubling cases that were out of reach for the force. Begrudgingly, Eraser would assist them, helping them from the shadows, not taking the recognition or credit that he deserved.

The house Eraserhead was going to be conducting wellness checks on was simple. Two stories, well maintained garden. But something about it made Eraser uneasy. There was a certain atmosphere surrounding the house, one that made the hairs on the back of his neck rise. Dismissing the feeling, he made his way up the rough path, to the front porch. He took a deep breath, he raised his hand and knocked hard on the wooden door. It was silent for a moment before he heard the scuttling of feet, approaching the door, nobody opened it though. Just as he was going to leave, he saw movement in the window, through the curtain. Raising his hand again, he knocked harder. This time, the door cracked open a jar and a small voice rang out,