Older By The Second

The weeks passed as they turned into months and before either Cerise or Daring knew it, Henry was a year old.

"Daring, I'm taking Henry to your parents for the day"said Cerise

"Ok, I should be done with work by then"said Daring

"See you later"said Cerise walking away

While Cerise was gone, Daring wrapped up his work for the day. It was simple stuff like signing papers and finalizing some work around the kingdom.

Cerise got back about twenty minutes later so she changed her clothes and went the see if Daring was in his office. He wasn't there, so she went out to the garden and he was sitting on one of the benches looking at the sky.

"Sky's pretty today"said Cerise joining him

"Yeah, it hasn't been this clear in a while"said Daring grabbing his hand

The two sat in comfortable silence for a while longer before they went back inside. Daring went into their room while Cerise stayed in the living room.

As he made his way in the room he was a bag sitting on the bed. He picked it up and slowly opened it and found two things inside.

A shirt and something else he hadn't grabbed yet. He unfolds the shirt and reads it aloud "Dad of two"

Daring catches himself smiling as he grabs the last thing in the bag. One positive pregnancy test.

"Cerise"he called not containing his excitement

"Hey what's up"said Cerise acting as if she didn't know

"You're pregnant"he whispered

"Yes"she said as a few tears rolled down her cheek

Daring ran and hugged her as they shared this little moment between them.

While in their hug he whispered in her ear "I really want this baby to be a girl, then i'll have two beautiful girls in my life"

A/N: I know i know i have updated this is centuries but this has been in my drafts since last year and yes it's short but i think the next chapter will finally wrap this up. Anyway enjoy if anyone still reads this book 🤷🏾‍♀️