Chapter XIII

Thundering realization

Y/n's pov,

The morning rays of the sun hit my face waking me from my peaceful slumber.I wriggle out of the sheets and open my eyes but, Jasper was nowhere in sight.I hold the messed up bedsheets close to me,seeming to remember I was alone and naked.My attention was caught by the note on the nightstand.It said that he had gone for hunting and would return soon.I smiled to myself, relaxing.I decided to take a shower.My body seemed to relax as the warm water hit my skin.I thought about our time here.It had been a few weeks and every day was special.The jumping off a little waterfall,even if I didn't entirely know how to swim.Spending time with little birds and animals.I loved every second of our honeymoon and I wouldn't change it for anything.I put on a tank top and a short for the day.I walked to the kitchen and put on some coffee and toast, even if I didn't want to eat anything that day, which was weird.I put on some music as I made some toast.As I was beginning to eat,I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen, that I almost would fall to my knees if I didn't grip the kitchen island.I felt my stomach churning and rushed to the bathroom.I spewed out the entire dinner I ate yesterday.My head was throbbing leading me to clutch my forehead.After a few calming moments I washed up and saw him standing near the door.He approached me swiftly and held my shoulders."Hey, hey.. "he whispered as he touched my forehead which seemed to heat up more than usual.But I seemed to feel so cold and shivered."It's just a fever honey, it always happens every three months.." I barely managed to speak out."It's right before...you know...my period"I said as I sat on the closed seat."Do you know what the date is?"I asked him. It hit me when he told me the date.I had a period last month, to my relief which means it was impossible to have one this early for a wolf.I felt something move in my abdomen.I felt the skin and it looked a little streched.I gasped at the possibility and saw Jasper standing still shocked.I called out to him but he stood motionless. I heard the phone go off in his pocket, but he stood still, jaw clenched.I walked over to him and took the phone accepting the call."Are you alright?"I heard Alice's voice breaking a little bit."I'm not sure..."I said not finding the strength to even stand.
"Why? What’s wrong? I just… " the voice came out, worry evident in her voice."You just what? Alice, what did you see?"I asked finding my voice again. She gave the phone to Carlisle."Y/n what's going on?"his voice said, a little off than usual."I don’t know, I’m a little worried. Can vampires go into shock?"I spoke in a hurry."Has Jasper been hurt?"he asks worried. "No... I know that there's not even a single chance of this happening, but.." I sighed and continued, "I think I'm pregnant.."I relaxed as I got out my buzzing thoughts in a single word.I gasped as I felt another movement."What is it?" the voice from the phone spoke out."Something just moved in me.."I barely whispered the words.I didn't even notice Jasper grabbing the phone from me.He shut his eyes and spoke,"Is this even possible?"."I don't know"the barely audible voice said.I noticed the housekeeper entering as I sat down.She asked him something in an unfamiliar language.They keep conversing in the foreign language seriously."What?"I asked him."Her people have legends, she might have seen this before."he said immediately.They resume their conversation, but I noticed his voice pleading as she seemed to protest.She approached me and held my temple, with her palm.She turned towards him and spoke out a word.I saw his eyes flaring up from anger and extreme disappointment.She walked out sharply."I’m not gonna let her hurt you. Carlisle will get that thing out."he said and walked out to get our bags.How could the day turn out like this in mere seconds. My thoughts and feelings were messed up.I was confused at what they were talking about and Alice's vision also surprised at the possibility of this.But, most of all, I was hurt from his words, how could he call the baby a 'thing', our baby...
The ride to the airport was so slow, or was it because of the growing distance between us?He had packed the bags swiftly as I changed into more comfortable clothing and washed my face.
H

e tried to pull me closer but I resisted from his comfortable embrace.
I thought about the prophecy and realised that one thing grandma told me,"You'll be very delighted, but others won't be very pleased with the miracle in you... ".I wiped my flowing tears before Jasper could notice them but he seemed to catch me.After getting in the plane, Carlisle immediately arranged for us,he pulled me closer, almost hesitantly from my recent reaction to his touch.I finally gave in and laid on his chest.He kissed the crown of my head as he whispered, "Please don't cry, I can't bear to see you cry, I'm sorry that I hurt you earlier, but I really love you baby, and I can't lose you,never...".He caressed my bare shoulder with his feather light touches that calmed down my fast paced heart.I could still feel my throat burning from the way I remembered that, my end was near."Hold me"I let out, but my voice was almost inaudible. He still held me tighter. I tried to close my eyes and think of the happy times in my life.But, the voices were too loud.Eventually, my vision seemed to go blurry and I fell into a comfortable position on his chest, finally closing my eyes to much needed sleep...