Asta

Unedited<(_ _)>

"(y/n), look!"

The ash blonde boy yelled, catching the attention of a certain (h/c)-nette. Turning her head at the direction of her companion, she looked curiously at the item the boy held.

It was a (f/c) colored pendant, oval in shape. Transparent as it is as a visible (m/a) symbol was carved beneath it. Though, the fact that the boy remembered her favorite color made her speechless for a mere second.

"A pendant?" The girl asked as the ash blonde hummed enthusiastically.

"It's my gift for our first, uh....'d-date', was it?" The boy stuttered out as he tried recalling the things he was told.

Asta was someone who was dense to these kind of things. Hell, that blind date setup by Finral showed how much ignorant he was. Soon enough, he was introduced to such an event accordingly which he ended up asking a certain person that he kept bugging.

The (h/c) haired girl was his precious childhood friend and with the years of being bonded together led him to the point of realization.

Oh, the way how he fell without even realizing.

Throughout his growth as a person, his eyes we're only set on a certain nun. Clearly, it changed. From now on, his eyes we're stuck on a (e/c) eyed girl who he came to treasure so much.

And so with the knowledge of how 'dates' work, he took the courage to ask the person he admired.

But now, it was her turn to be asked such a thing.

"I love you! Please, marry me!"

She wasn't complaining. How could she if she has already set her eyes on him since childhood?

"If you could wait until we're adults..." The emerald eyed boy perked up at the sudden positive reply. Eyes widening, he felt the heat spread out his face as he became speechless. It shocked him but at the same time it was a whole new joy fluttering inside him.

Gazing at his favorite (e/c) orbs and taking in the sudden shyness the girl showed, he loudly laughed.

(e/c) orbs landed on him.

His laugh slowly died down and with a tear daring to slip down from his eye, he mumbled. Enough to be heard.

"....Finally."

Staring down on the polished stone was a certain (h/c)-nette. The weather was oddly sunny. Though, she didn't acknowledged a single thing about it. Reading the words engraved on the stone in front of her, her mind was poorly empty.

She was no longer reading the words but she just stared. And stared.

And stared.

Thinking to herself, she thought about how their promise won't be fulfilled anymore.

With such a short period of time, that happiness was taken away from her.

Shedding a tear, she mumbled.

"I'll marry you in the next life, Asta. I promise..."

*****
(A/n: is it too short?)