𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1

Life in Keramzin has never been easy for me. I'd grown up in an orphanage and never had many friends. Today was the day I was turning 18 and finally leaving the orphanage.

I didn't have many things back here so all I packed were a few clothings Ana Kuya bought me and two pairs of shoes. It was intimidating to think of a life outside this orphanage but I knew I had to do this.

I was going to cross the Fold tomorrow. With a ship full of Grishas and the First Army, some of the people from Keramzin were leaving to go to the other side. There were more job opportunities there and more places to live in.

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard Ana Kuya's booming voice calling my name.

"Y/N", she yelled.

"Coming, Ana Kuya", I replied.

I picked up my bag and made my way downstairs to see her standing at the main entrance, her back leaned against the wall and her foot was tapping on the floor.

"It's time for you to leave", she said standing up straight as soon as she saw me.

I nodded in agreement.

"You'll have to walk a few miles. When you do, you'll see some tents set up for the First Army. You'll be living in one of the tents until it's time for you to cross the Fold. After then, it's all your journey, girl" she lectured.

I nodded in reply again. She looked at me from head to toe once again before saying:

"Good bye Y/N", she said.

I looked at her and smiled. A genuine smile.

"Good bye Ana Kuya", I replied with a warm smile on my face.

Maybe it was my eyesight playing a joke on me or maybe I really saw a smile on Ana Kuya's face as she waved back at me.

I took a step outside and felt the warm summer breeze hit my face. I was now ready to fight my way through life.
___________________________________________

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬.
𝐒𝐨 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐝. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬.
𝐋𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐎𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 ❤︎