𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6

"Ivan escort her to the carriage. She's coming to the Little Palace with us", the Darkling said to the man standing on his right side. Ivan.

He came forward and motioned me to walk towards the exit of the tent, which I did.

A carriage was parked outside the tent. It was big, like BIG big, and it was black as well.

"Get inside", he grumbled.

I stepped inside the carriage and sat on the seat nearest to me. My nerves were getting the best of me now. I knew where I was going.

They were taking me to the Little Palace.

I nervously tapped my fingers on my lap, looking around at the inside of the carriage. It was painted with beautiful patterns adorning it, as well as high class black leather on the seats.

When I felt the carriage move, my stomach turned. I knew my life will be different after this. People will look at me with different gazes, some with hope and happiness and some with disgust.

To be honest, I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to be a Grisha, that too a Krovopiytsa. They went extinct years ago. How could I be one?

The Darkling was so nice to me. People called him a Heretic but he didn't look like one to me. He looked like a boy who was hopeless. A boy who lost all hope he had and then suddenly, boom. It's all back. The light of hope was back in his eyes. I saw it. The gleam in his eyes was inevitable to see.

But what made him have his hope back? I wasn't a Sun Summoner, nor I was a saint. I just happened to have powers that were ended long ago. I couldn't destroy the Fold, or expand it.

"Can I ask you something, Ivan?" I mustered up the courage to talk to him and asked.

He eyes me up and down once with suspicious eyes before nodding.

"Is life in the Little Palace scary?" I asked, to which I could swear I saw a smile from on his lips before he shook his head.

"I wouldn't call it scary. Over there, everyone is made aware of the part they have to play as a Grisha and well...that's a lot for some people sometimes," he replied and I nodded.

Well, now that I know it won't be scary... maybe I'll be able to survive.