He quietly places his shoes on the ground after slipping them off. He hoists himself up on the ledge, looking down at the ground that called to him. He looks up to the sky, whispering his defeat. He mentally apologizes to his mom, dad, and his sister. He thinks of his pet cat, and he almost hesitates. He was tired though, and the pain was too much to bear at this point. Hopefully they all won't miss him.

  He turns around, raises his arms, and he slowly tilts backward. He closes his eyes, feeling the air go through him. He smiles as he imagines himself flying. A dream any child would have.

  It'll finally be over.

  All the pain.

  You sit in your classroom, wondering why your entire school suddenly got a week off. It wasn't a holiday or anything. Your classmates wonder the same as they gossip with one another. Maybe it was a special occasion.

  You turn to the two seats in the middle of the class that were empty. You raise an eyebrow. It was normal for Len to not show up to school sometimes, but it was rare when Rin did. You look at your phone, and there's no message from your friend. Without being caught, you shoot her a quick message.

[8:12] Hey where are you?

She usually responds fast, maybe in ten minutes she'll respond? You look back one more time at the seats with a weird gut feeling. You turn back after you hear your teacher sigh, and the whole mood of the classroom suddenly shifts as your teacher speaks.

"Your classmate Len Kagamine is dead,"

Your peers shoot worried looks at one another, and your ears feel like they're ringing. You all stare at the empty seat he used to sit in. There was no way he was dead, right?

  "It happened...on a Friday afternoon. His sister isn't going to be here for a while either. Her family is mourning. When she comes back, please treat her kindly. Don't mention her brother either." Your teacher continues.

  Your classmates continue to murmur. They all connected the dots. The week off was because a student had passed away at school, not some spontaneous vacation. They had to take his body and clean up. You frowned at the thought.

  You stared back at the seat one more time. You were wrong. Of course, Len was going to kill himself. He came in every day with another wound. Whether it was the bruises he was hiding with his sleeves or the bandages on his face, he was always hurt.

  You didn't know why, but he was often bullied by the boys at the school. Rin often defended him, but he'd get mad at her for it. Maybe he didn't want the girls to begin targeting his older sister.

After first period, you were all sent to the auditorium for an assembly. You sat there as the teachers spouted complete bullshit about suicide prevention. You scoff. They acted like they didn't witness the severe bullying that was going on campus. They acted shocked just like Len's bullies.

Were you any different though?

You had witnessed it on several occasions, but you chose to turn a blind eye to it, hoping someone else would help him. The bystander effect really was a bitch.

"Killing yourself isn't the answer. It makes you a coward who runs away from their problems. Imagine the pain you're going to pass on to others!" One of the school staff cries out.

What the fuck was this? How is this advice? That's the worst possible thing you could tell anyone who's thinking of taking their own life. How stupid can these people be?

"I'd like us to take a minute and remember Len Kagamine for how kind, smart, and how he touched us all. Please, let us take a moment of silence." They say.