Expectations vs. Reality : Howie x Kourtney

Synopsis: Kourtney reveals some personal information about her family when she meets Howie's parents for the first time. Things don't go as planned.

***********

Kourtney's POV:

Tonight was the night that I was finally going to meet my boyfriends' parents and go to his house for the first time. I was not ready for tonight but had not mentioned it to him. I didn't want him to think that I wasn't ready for tonight because we've been putting off this moment for a while. We were going to do the whole family introduction thing after thanksgiving but I got sick and missed school and then had to make up homework. Then we had the shows to put on so we had to put this date off even more and now its spring and its happening I'm meeting his family.

I'm terrified. I was scared and upset when I found out that he was a North High student but this is a different kind of scared.

Did I mention that I feel like I'm under-dressed?

"Kourt, Howie is downstairs I let him in already," My mother knocked on my door and then ran back to her room to watch TV.

"Thanks, mom." I peeped into her room to make sure she was safe and happy then nervously walked to the living room since we didn't have a two story house like Carlos did.

"Ready to go, Kourt?" Howie took my hand.

I nodded as a polite response and assumed that he didn't want to chat since this was an important night, so I stayed silent the entire ride to his place too holding his hand. I didn't mind that he was the one driving me around, after all I didn't have license yet. Well, I kind of did mind it but independent Kourt is still working on it.

"You're quiet tonight," Howie stopped at a stop light to look at me.

Shoot. He knows I'm super nervous for this. Ok, just smile and talk about the expensive things his family likes. I don't know much about his family to be honest, but he said that his dad was a lawyer and his mom had a job too. They seem pretty wealthy for a North High family.

"Hmmm?" I held onto his hand as he turned back to concentrate on the road.

"Never mind," I could barely hear him mumble while he continued to drive to his house.

I guess that he's just as nervous as I am. I've never met his parents before, I've only heard stories about them from Carlos who apparently stalked Howie's insta. Apparently, Carlos parents like to go to the Salt Lake City country club in the summer and know Hoie's parents. Carlos also says they own a private cabin in the mountains for the winter time. I don't even know how Carlos found out so much about Howie's family but I told him I didn't want to know anymore.

"We're here. Kourt, are you okay? You haven't said anything the entire ride and it only took 10 minutes to get here," Hoie held my hand as he put the car in drive.

Wow his house was large, big, huge, bigger than mine. I don't even know how to describe it because my jaw had dropped. This was also my first time going to his house. We never really went to each other's houses. Most of our dates were in the city or at local spots and a lot of our time was spent in school texting or over facetime.