Chapter 2

Elizabeth.

The Metallic taste of blood coated my tongue as I struggled against the cuffs that bound my wrist to the headboard. Each day had been filled with so much pain. Some days I felt as though I wouldn't make it. But HE made sure that I remained alive. "You are mine." he would say anytime I would ask why he wouldn't let me die.

Cringing at the sound of the door slowly opening I prayed that he would come to his senses and release me. As I stared into his half-crazed eyes, I knew that the man I once loved was gone Or was he never there?. "Hey baby, you're awake?" he whispered. "I hope you had a good nap baby, are you hungry?". As I continued to stare at him, I could slowly see my lack of conversation was making him go crazy.

His smile slipped as he watched me, "Baby you know I don't like it when you ignore me? ". Quivering as he drew closer, I closed my eyes. His hands trailed my body resting just below my right breast. "Open your eyes, Lizzy," he said in a husky voice. Biting my lip I did what he asked knowing that if I refused, it would result in more pain.

He harshly grabbed my breast, smirking at my cry of pain. "You like that don't you baby ". Tears formed as he made his way lower. "I bet you are so wet for me'' he murmured as he forced my legs apart for his pleasure.

"P...P...PLE...PLE...Please ..d..d..don't" I stuttered as tears started to fall down my cheeks. He didn't reply, he never did. As he forced himself into my unprotected body I let my mind drift to the day that changed my life forever....

Elizabeth flashback

Two weeks ago....

The turkey sandwich I had eaten for lunch threatened to make an appearance, as I watched my mom untangle her legs from my fiancé's waist. "How could you??" I whispered as I averted my eyes from the scene in front of me. The room was utterly silent as I tried to come to terms with my breaking heart. A bored sigh brought me out of my shock.

. "Leave Ophelia" he calmly said as he pulled up his pants. "I need to speak to my fiancé in private". I sneered at how nonchalant he was, like he didn't just

fuck my mom. I glared daggers at my so-called mom as she hurriedly snatched her clothes from the floor pressing them against her chest. "L..li...l...Lizzy...I...I...I" she began muttering but I cut her off, "You're dead to me." I whispered watching her leave.

As I stared at her rigid back, I hated that I felt the need to apologize for disrespecting her. I grit my teeth before I did just that. I turned around to stare at my poor excuse of a man. "Have you lost your Damn mind?" I nearly screamed in frustration as I watched him button his shirt.

His aloof attitude pissed me off even more as he made his way to me. "Baby!" he smirked, "she means nothing, just an itch I have been wanting to scratch that itch for quite some time "he casually responded. Acting on pure raw emotion I pulled my hand back and slapped him, wincing at the burn. "You can go to hell." I whispered as I edged my way around him. Flinging our closet open, I pulled out my suitcase. Throwing it on the ground, I blindly started pulling things from my hangers, throwing them in the suitcase.

I flung open the dressers, throwing shit out not caring what my perfectionist ex-fiancé thought. For what felt like forever but in reality was only about 10 min, I finally felt as if I had packed enough to get by. Grabbing my suitcase, I made a beeline for the door.

I was so focused on getting away; I missed Max looming in the shadows. Without warning, Max ripped my suitcase from my hand flinging it across the room. "You're not going anywhere" he growled.

Gasping, I winced as he grabbed a fist full of my hair. Snatching my head back, he placed his other hand on my throat applying pressure. "You want to leave me? Fine" he growled as he applied more pressure. Black dots formed at the edge of my vision as I desperately clawed at the vice-like grip on my throat...

Fighting the darkness, I awaken with the realization that I am naked and alone. Looking around, I can't remember how I got there or where There was. Lifting my head, I try to force my body to follow. Panic sets in when I realize that I can't move. I continue to struggle for hours until a soft chuckle breaks through the darkness. "Is my little baby ready to have some fun?"Those words, that laugh, were the beginning of my own personal hell. The physical pain I endured today and I know the days to follow will be nothing compared to that moment of mental anguish.

As he roughly pulled out of me and kissed me on the forehead "no one loves you like I do baby" he whispered as he walked away, leaving me wondering what I had done to deserve such "love".