Traitor

Remi POV

It was the next morning. I was woken up by Emma and the kids jumping on me, so I wasn't in a good mood. I still kept my usual smile and gentle voice, making sure my act isn't see-through. Just then, Norman came down.

"Good morning Norman", I greeted. 

"Good morning Remi", He greeted back. Emma noticed him and greeted him which he returned. Just then Ray came up from behind, greeting him too, except he had this look in his eyes. Also, Norman seemed hesitant. If my theory is correct, Norman should have figured out Ray's identity yesterday night. Ray must've explained why he did it to him. Judging, by the way, they're acting, he's on our side. But there must be a catch if Norman seems so nervous. 

Hmm... What does Ray want the most...

My eyes narrowed. Ah, it seems I'll have to talk with them. 

//

"So, have you figured out the mole?", Emma asked. Ah, this is going to be hard to explain.

"Well...", Norman began. 

"Oh, it was me", Ray blurted out. Norman looked at him like 'why would you just blurt that out?!' while Emma was still processing. She paused for a second before her expression changed.

"It was you?!!", She yelled while pointing at Ray. She then calmed down again.

"Huh? wait what? I'm sorry I blurted that out without thinking... huh?", She mumbled. Ray smirked proudly at Emma's confusion to which I face-palmed in defeat. This boy...

"Hai!! Let me explain!!", Norman exclaimed, trying to calm Emma down. I couldn't help but let out a small giggle. They all looked at me confused.

"What's wrong?", Emma asked.

"Nothing. It's just been so long since we've been like this. Y'know, like teasing each other and laughing together...", I trailed. They all smiled at me. 

"Anyway, mind explaining?", I repeated. And after that, Norman began...

"So, He's working for Mama but he's not our enemy, and he was doing that this whole time for our sake?", Emma summarized.

"yeah", Norman confirmed.

"I was actually planning on telling you once you got back from the gate.", Ray sighed in annoyance, "But you went and left little Bernie there, and started talking about getting everyone out. I hadn't planned for any of that". 

Norman and Emma gulped in guilt. But I'm pretty sure neither of them regretted it.

"Mama found out, so I had to keep her in check, and you guys were being reckless", Ray finished, "So I figure I'd keep both sides at control".

"So in other words, you backed us up after we messed up? And you're still against the idea of getting everyone out?", Emma briefed.

"But I've changed my mind now. I'll help everyone escape", Ray concluded. Ah, he's gotten better at lying. If only I hadn't known him so much, I would've believed him...

"That isn't like you...", Emma trailed. Ah. she's catching on. She must be mad. I went over and held her shoulder, telling her to calm down and think rationally. He did all this for us.

"You think he's lying?", Norman asked. Seriously, neither of them is good at lying, I swear.

"Nah, I'm really glad! Ray's agreed to help us out for real, and we can trick Mama with fake news! This is awesome!", She smiled. Oh my, she's better than both of them. A small smile settled on my lips.