Kabanata 10

Misa's POV

My decision of trusting Ximena turns out good. I was praised by our teacher, Ma'am Abcede. Madali ko daw nakuha ang answer ngayong araw. Sana daw laging ganun. Napatingin ako kay Ximena. This is the first time that I want to be with her. I realize how much I want her to be my friend.

Hindi lang dahil matalino siya kundi dahil pinagkakatiwalaan niya ako. Bukod kay Sally, naniniwala din siya sa'kin. She easily gave me the answer without thinking twice. And when I asked her why she did that, she just said that's because I'm her friend.

Na-guilty ako pagtapos niyang sabihin 'yon. She considers me as her friend when I barely recognize her presence.

Diretso lang ang lakad ko patungo sa library. I was asked by my classmates to get books from the library. Masyado na akong pagod para tumanggi pa sa utos nila. I miss Sally. I miss her presence near me. And I'm scared, she might feel unwanted now that I stick with Ximena.

Abandoning Sally was never an option to me. She was like my shadow or my other half. And I suddenly became desperate to talk to her again. I terribly miss her guts.

As I was walking to the library, I remember the day I first met Ximena. I met her doppleganger that time. J wasn't even sure if it's true but that's what I believe. I was busy getting the books from the assigned shelfs when I heard weird voices. Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa pinanggalingan no'n sa pagtataka. Sa dulo ng library ay may nag-uusap. Dalawang tao.

I only get to see their shadows but still, it scares me. Aalis na sana ako do'n sa takot nang magsalita 'yung lalaki. I don't know if I'm hallucinating but I seen him growing taller. Or it was just the shadow? I carefully hide the tower of shelfs, covering my mouth as if there's a voice coming out.

"Do it now! Kill more! Kill her! Kill her! Kill yourself too!"

The man's voice was deep and scary. It 's like a voice of a demon being possesed by another demon. He's that scary. I was shocked when he starting choking the girl's neck but I can't scream.

And what are they talking about? Why do I care so much? I shouldn't be here. Yes, that's it. I'm going out of this library, even withouth that books. I was about to stormed out the library room when I hear the girl pleads.

"Yes, I obey! I will kill her but I will kill more. I'll offer you anything, jist give me what I want. I'll kill every people in Barrio Algere even the killer itself just to get what I want. Yes! I'm that evil," the girl's sounds weird to me. Parang narinig ko na ang boses na 'yon. Tingin ko'y kilala ko ang boses na 'yon. Pero 'di ko mawari kung sino.

At anong sinasabi niya? Siya ba 'yong killer? At sino 'yang sinusunod niya? At siya nga ba? Kasi bakit niya papatayin 'yung killer kung siya 'yon? 

I'll kill every people in Barrio Algere even the killer itself just to get what I want.

Natulala ako nang mapagtanto ang nangyayari. The girl is talking to a demon. She was offering herself to get what she wanted. She can kill other just for her dreams. How selfish. And how scary. How can you talk to a demon!?

At ibig bang sabihin, bukod sa kaniya, may iba pang pumapatay? Kasi kung papatayin niya ang killer, imposible namang siya 'yon 'diba? Bakit mo papatayin ang sarili mong binenta mo na sa demonyo?

Kung mismong ang demonyo ay may kakayahang patayin ka?

I peaked again only to see no one. There was no shadows at all and I admit, I'm really scared. I was about to run when I felt someone whispering near my ear.

"You're dead!"

"AAAAAAAH!"

The next thing I new, nawalan na ako ng malay.