Chapter 1

SooYoung's P.O.V

I yawned for the hundredth time in our huge gym where I was having my geography exam. I sighed and closed my eyes when I heard a shrill cry from Mrs. Kim, a teacher supervising us.

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung! You stay awake! It's not over yet!" she exclaimed.

I opened my eyes at once and sighed. Again. She turned and continued to talk about tsunamis, earthquakes and other natural disasters to another teacher Mr. Byun, who was her husband. I ship it! Even though she doesn't really like me.

I crossed my arms on my desk and put my head down. Almost falling asleep I felt a poke on my back, thinking it was Mrs. Kim again I immediately sat up straight. Instead it was Luhan, my best guy friend. Before I turned around I made sure a teacher wasn't looking because of course they would think we were cheating if I just suddenly turned around to him. He sent me a concerned look which I translated to be Luhan asking if I was okay. I nodded with a little smile.

He looked at me reluctantly before turning to his right side where he quietly whispered to his girlfriend, Im Yoona. Im Yoona and Luhan were the "it couple" as you say I guess. Every guy wanted to be Luhan, every girl wanted to be Yoona or you just wanted to be in a relationship like theirs. And I just happened to fit into the latter.

Finally the bell rang indicating the exam was over and the school year was finally over. I shoved my extra paper, pencil case and water bottle in my shoulder bag, eager to finally get out of this hellhole.

"Ms. Choi? May I have a word?" Mrs. Kim said.

All eyes turned to me with "Oohs" - of course. What else would you expect out of immature classmates? But out of all those curious eyes, I only met Luhans.

God, his eyes are so pretty. They're the perfect oval shape. And his long dark lashes are to literally what every girl would die for. And his actual eyes! They're the brightest and clearest eyes I've ever seen. Lol. Just by looking at them you can see how warm and kind of a person he is. He is just so, perfect. But taken.

Then Mrs. Kim cleared her stupid throat and me and Luhan broke eye contact. I made my way towards her while watching Luhan leave the gym with his arm around Yoona's shoulder and a wide smile. I sighed.

It honestly broke my heart when he confessed to me that he would confess to her. I was, so stupid to think that maybe, just maybe I was the one. Maybe he liked me, but it's obvious that he doesn't.

I had reached Mrs. Kim and I was just hoping she wouldn't give me detention or extra homework or - shudder - scrape gum under the desks, because for crying out loud, it was summer! Also because scraping gums off desks are pretty gross, but really I just wanted nothing to do with school since it was finally summer.

"Just because you get good grades and that every teacher likes you doesn't mean you get to sleep. Understand?"

"What? I mean yes, yes I-I - clears throat - do understand, " I stuttered not wanting to spend another minute in school.

She looked at me, probably judging me for the weird person I am but she let me go anyways. I raced through the gym and to the gate of the school earning some bizarre looks but I didn't care. I just wanted to hug my friends after a long week and extremely exhausting week of exams.

"Sooyoung-aa!" Hyeri, my best girl friend cried out. She looked so adorable in her outfit! She was wearing a denim jacket over that monkey (Julius Jr. I think) dress with a matching cap and white sock with her white sneakers. Even monkeys look good on Hyeri.

"Hi Hye!" I exclaimed back and gave her a big teddy bear hug, squishing her cute little arm fat. "What about me?" we heard a voice whine. It was Oh Sehun. He's my second best guy friend, Hyeri, Sehun, Luhan and I became friends at the start of highschool, and now we just finished our third year of highschool.

We broke our hug and Hyeri ran up to him.

Hyeri's P.O.V

When I heard that voice I immediately knew it was Sehun. Sooyoung and I broke the hug while I ran up to Sehun. Wrapping my arms around his neck and his arms wrapped around my waist he twirled us and it felt like we were on cloud 9. I felt butterflies in my stomach and I couldn't stop smiling. I really like Sehun and it feels like he likes me too! It feels like I have a chance.

"Hey, love your hat," he whispered softly as we stopped twirling. "I like it too." I joked.

He chuckled and had this huge smile on his face that made me want to melt like chocolate. He looked even more handsome than usual. God must have worked really hard on him.

Sadly, we broke apart and saw Yoona and Luhan hug Sooyoung. I don't really ship LuYoon - that's what Yoona calls themselves - but instead, both Sehun and I ship SooHan - Sooyoung and Luhan -.

SooYoung's P.O.V

Sehun and Hyeri broke their adorable hug and I ship it, they're so cute together and I just know that they'll get together. I call them HyeHun which is their ship name, it even sounds cute.

Then, Luhan and Yoona walked up to me and, we hugged. Awkward much? Luhan just dove in while Yoona awkwardly stood at the side and when Luhan finished, Yoona gave me a forced smile and probably forced herself to hug me. But I mean, it wasn't even a hug. It was more just like a pat on the back.

"So," Luhan started "Sehun, is the party at your house?" he asked.

"Yup," Sehun replied while popping the 'p'. "Arasseo. Well, we'll all meet up there at 7-ish." Hyeri stated. You see, to celebrate the end of our third year in highschool, we decided to have a mini party but it would only be the 4 of - I mean 5 of us. Hehehe.

After that we all went our separate ways. HyeHun walked home together as they usually do and Luhan and Yoona drove in Luhan's car and I walked home myself. Luhan did offer me a ride but I felt that I would just be a third wheel and that would be really awkward since I know Yoona doesn't like me.

Before I arrived home, I stopped by this bubble tea store a couple of blocks away from my house. I love this store so much. I'm pretty much a regular, they love me! I ordered my usual which was chocolate and vanilla. As I payed and continued walking home I thought about how quickly the school year had come and gone and I also thought about Luhan and Yoona.

I realised that if Luhan doesn't like me the way I like him then there's absolutely no reason on earth on why I should keep liking him. He has Im Yoona. Yoona is so beautiful. She's one of the prettiest girls in school! Also she can sing relatively okay and she can dance amazingly and she's quite nice and super smart. No wonder Luhan likes her.

Honestly, I don't really know if I have any of those qualities. I personally don't think I'm even close to being as gorgeous and attractive as Yoona but sometimes I wonder if he ever thought I was pretty or if I'm smart and etc. Does Luhan even think I'm attractive? I'm not that good at singing but I can sing, at least better that Yoona, I guess. Also I can dance! And I'm smart enough and I've never really considered myself as a person people would talk to just casually.

I can't believe I actually thought he liked me once. That was because he would always sit beside me in the classes we would have together, he would text me every morning and every night, Luhan would even drive me home. But ever since that dreadful day Yoona arrived, she's always by his side, now he only texts me like thrice a week, and now he sits beside Yoona in every class and plus it's too awkward to drive home with him now since Yoona's there. Sometimes she even smirks at me, like what? If you need an autograph, just say so. I'm just kidding. I think Yoona's a bit shady.

When I finally arrived home the door was unlocked. I gasped thinking of the worst. "Umma? Appa? Soojin-unnie?" "Come here Sooyoung."

Relieved that my family hadn't been kidnapped or dead, I obeyed my umma's request and went to the living room. Inside were my parents and my unnie and so were Luhan's parents?

"Mr & Mrs. Xi?!"